20.

The pressure of exams was unnerving but stress of getting married so soon was unbearable. How can you get married to a man you don't like? How can your parents request you to marry a guy whose traits they used to dislike?

Preeta roamed on the terrace to free her mind. Thinking about how her life had took a dangerous turn. She was betrayed by her own family. She walked from the one part of terrace to another, feeling the cool air blowing her hair that made her feel relaxed. She had been continuously studying from past twenty days and tomorrow will be her first exam. The sun was setting and dark was covering the sky accompanying the full moon shining in the sky. The weather was calm and relaxing but Preeta's mind was taking time to get soothed by it.

Many thoughts had filled her mind in these twenty days after the day of her engagement. Her priority had always been her family's wants. But she had never thought there would come a time when her own family would betray her. After returning the next day of the engagement, Preeta had returned to Delhi with Naveen, Shikha and Vivaan.

Her brother had told her that it was nothing but to meet the boy. But her brother was ashamed when he saw hurt in Preeta's eyes while returning to Delhi. She was quite all the time in the car. Her brother and his wife had hidden the truth that she was not only meeting the boy but also was getting engaged. They hid the main truth that the person they had chosen for her was none other than The Karan Luthra.

Was marrying him seemed a normal deal to them?

Didn't they were aware of the fact that Karan was not a good guy? Didn't they knew that he was after her from past years? Didn't they knew that she hated him?

She sighed and walked to stand near the railing. She looked forward towards the house opposite hers. Her gaze was there but she was actually looking at her future. Many thoughts filled her mind.

She would be married to him soon. He will be her dominating, cruel husband. He would surely touch her, after all that's what he wanted to do from the beginning. She would protest and he would again blackmail her. She would give in eventually.

That's what the conclusion came. She was defeated by him. He won in this game of getting her. He finally wrote her destiny by himself. The thought itself made her scared. Could she live a life with him?

Her father made her do this. He pleaded her. Never in her life, she could go against her father especially when she could see tears in his eyes. After all the over thinking, Preeta was doing, she understood she was helpless. She had to do this and these remaining ten days would be the time, when she would have to actually accept her fate.

She was receiving his message every night. Twenty love messages, she had in her inbox. He was sending them to tease her, mock her that he had won. Preeta often felt like throwing her phone. His first message was a normal one yet it was enough to frustrate her.

Being patient. That's what I am doing. Waiting for you to be my wife, mine. Mom told me, I can't see you before the wedding. My eyes are craving to see you. But I will wait. You are just one month away from me, love.

Till then, study hard, prepare well.
I love you.

~Your future hubby.

Some were even very cheesy and she hated all of them. She never replied. She was relieved somewhat realising, he had never called or messaged more than one a day.

Preeta was sure that she would never be able to love him. It would be impossible to accept him as her husband. Saying that this marriage would work was a joke. But hoping that Preeta would come up to be accepting her fate was a question now. Could she actually accept this?