4.

Chapter 4| Escape before the rape

Tired of
your roses and gun;
You won't even
know, I am going to run

Both the souls were hurting each other in their own ways. Preeta was scared seeing the crazy, obsessed boy while Karan was afraid of losing her.

Preeta had finally made up her mind. She just wanted to go far away from this obsessed stalker of hers. He would spoil her life if she would continue suffering his stupidity.

She wanted to focus on her studies and wait for the man that her parents would choose for her. This was the thought of an innocent middle class girl.

Being an obedient daughter.

But what Karan was doing, could break her relationship with her parents. So, she started thinking a way of getting away from him.

"Preeta. Tell me that you will never leave me," said Karan while looking at the love of his life.

Her beauty had always been successful in mesmerizing him. He just wanted to touch her, kiss her and claim her as his. But he knew this moment was far from the right time. He wanted to claim her soul before claiming her body.

He wanted to make her happy.

Preeta was stressed of thinking a way to get away from him. According to her, this boy just wanted her to be his. She wasn't some property for God's sake. He just wanted to control her. His love was dangerous.

It wasn't his affection but obsession. It wasn't bringing her happiness, it had turned torturous.

She stared at his face while giving him a pleading look. "I need time. Some time. Right now, my parent's expectations, my career are my first most priorities. I need some time. If you want, I can assure you that there would be no one else. But give me some time. Let me complete my education first," she said softly.

Preeta was surprised at her own courage to express her wish. After a whole month of meaningless relationship, she had never talked so courageously to him.

On the other side, Karan was slightly happy that at least she was trying to calm him. She even promised him her loyalty. Then, how could he be so mean to not allow her to fulfill her wishes?

After all, his happiness was in hers.

He nodded and smiled at her. "Alright. I will give you the time. I will not force you anymore," he said while looking in her eyes.

"Because you are so much precious to me, Preeta. If you want some time, I will give you the time. I will wait for you as long as you want me to. For me, I just want you to be loyal to me," he requested while cupping her cheeks.

Preeta pressed her lips shut and nodded. "I will. I had never been with boys except for Arjun and with him, it's completely platonic. You are the first, Mr. Luthra."

Karan smiled. ". . . and only I will be your last."

Preeta felt a bit relieved when she observed him finally agreeing to her request. But what he asked her to do, was actually meaningless. Getting with boys, was never her cup of tea. Moreover, she had a great experience of being with a boy then.

She just knew that she would stay away from boys, not for the sake that so-called loyalty. But because of her own fear that had had newly settled.

"I love you, Preeta."

Preeta gulped and lowered her eyes. She couldn't just reply him. But she knew that he was expecting something from her. So looking up at him, she sighed.