58.

This chapter contains mature content. If you are uncomfortable in reading the smut scenes, you can skip this chapter after the mark.

_______

Karan scratched his beard at his chin while entering his home. It was nine in the evening and he was slightly nervous to know how Preeta had cope up without him, lonely for whole day.

He knew it was bad of him to leave her alone like that when he had actually stopped her from going to the wedding so he could himself spend time with her. Looked like the last night's conversation had spoiled his mind. He was too much angry to return home early and make the environment more awkward.

He knew Preeta didn't like what he did but he said sorry. There was no need to make it such a big issue and spoiling a night between a husband and a wife. He hated the fact that they had wasted a night.

He was crossing the dining hall while losing his tie and noticed a figure standing at the edge of the dining table. His eyes turned immediately, focused on it and his breath caught in his throat.

What was that creature for God's sake! How could she look so beautiful and new every other day! At the edge of the table was standing none other than his beautiful wife.

It wasn't just her, it was about her all appearance. She had wore a light green saree. It wasn't a simple one, it was exposing so much of skin. Her blouse had no sleeves except for thin strips. It was a low neckline and he could already gulp in desire at the view of the little cleavage that was visible.

The cloth was pure net and he could see so much... God, he groaned inwardly. Here, he was all stressed about last night. He was worried if she would be angry for ditching her for such long day. And there, she stood in her all glory. His breathes were stolen.

He could truly admit, she looked breathtaking.

But still he kept his demeanor and clutched his fists tight. He won't show her how she was manipulating his mind by looking so unreal. He was mad at her for reacting so much over a short topic. It was her time to apologise and he won't let the tables turn.

No matter how tempted he was to reach and take her on that dining table only. Gulping again, he stepped ahead and started walking but a voice stopped him.

"I prepared dinner for you."

Karan clenched his jaws to control himself. Why did she sound so seductive all of a sudden? What was she doing? Was she seducing him knowingly?

His mind opened and he finally realised her ways. He nodded in thought. So this was her way to make him weak. But Karan smiled inwardly. He won't let her win this time.

"Come." She repeated and Karan nodded grimly. He silently​ sat beside her and looked at the plate. She had made his favourite dishes. He breathed out in frustration.

"Have you eaten already?" Preeta smiled but pouted when Karan looked at her blankly. She smiled more which seemed creepy to Karan.

Covering the plate, she snapped,"Okay, fine. Good for you." Standing up, she started covering plates in anger as she noticed Karan wasn't even moving his hand to eat.

She hadn't eat her food for the sake of him. She wanted dinner with him but guessed, he was just too much caring.

Just as she was about to step ahead from the chair, Karan held her hand. Tugging on her hand, he let her sit and noticed her tear-filled eyes. He had already eaten food two hours ago since he had an official dinner with another client all of a sudden.

But he knew, Preeta never did dinner in his absence. She had been hungry for his sake. Flaring her nostrils, Preeta looked away and snatched away her hand from his hold in anger.