12.

6 months later__

"How is he doing?"

"He is doing well, uncle."

Mahesh Luthra nodded at Kabir who was always reporting him about Karan's current state of mind.

"But, we all know there's little part of him still upset with you for not helping him."

"I know."

Mahesh Luthra grimaced and told Kabir that he can leave the room. He had been noticing Karan's performance from last two months seeing that he was doing really well in his department.

But seeing his cold behaviour towards his female colleagues, Karan's father was still upset. He had organised two-three office parties to introduce him to his friends' daughters but Karan showed no interest. It all was happening again. But he was somewhat relieved that Karan had not contacted Preeta in any way.

Suddenly, Mahesh Luthra's phone started ringing, distracting his mind. Seeing the photo of his lovely niece whom he loves like her father.

"Hello?"

"Tau ji (Uncle), I am waiting here with two big suitcases at the bus stand and no one is picking my call. Even Karan bhaiya is not picking. Please send someone, to receive me. The weather is not clear. It might rain anytime."

Suddenly, Mahesh Luthra  felt the need to go himself instead of sending his driver. His driver must be eating his lunch as it was lunch time.

"Okay. Wait for me, Kritika. I am coming."

"Yay!"

Chuckling at her childish voice, he hanged the call and got up to leave.

_____________

Preeta was waiting under the shed of an open restaurant outside the bus stand, waving her hand at the roads to stop taxis or auto-rickshaws. But they all were already hired by people.

On one shoulder, her hand bag was hanging while other hand was holding the handle of her big suitcase on the floor. It was raining heavily.

Between walking out of the bus stand and reaching this restaurant to buy her fathers' favourite samosas (an Indian food), her clothes had got wet a bit. She was wearing a denim jeans and blue coloured top which had already got wet, making it clinging to her skin so she covered herself with a scarf.

"TAXI!!! AUTO!!!"

She yelled again but the taxi didn't stop.

"God!"

She muttered angrily. Her father was in hospital and she had to reach as soon as possible. Her mother had called her last night saying that her father was having pain in his spine but nothing serious. The sweet daughter couldn't stop herself from coming here next day. Preeta's brother Naveen had too planned to come with her. But Preeta insisted that he should not worry. She would go alone and check on her father's health herself.

"Ahh..."

Preeta looked at the owner of the voice that caught her attention. The slim girl was drenched in water, and was about to fall on the floor with her two big suitcases as her foot had slipped because of her wet slippers and slippery floor.

"Hey, hey. Easy there."

Preeta left her suitcase and jogged towards the girl, holding her to stable them. She made her stand properly and took her suitcases under the shed. The girl followed her.

"Thank you."

Preeta smiled at the girl.

"You're welcome."