24.

The Arora house was full of chattering, giggles, music, loud orders and tons of laughter among relatives. In between this hustle bustle, the beautiful bride was sitting in front of her mirror watching herself dressed in the bridal attire.

Her gaze lingered on every piece of jewel she was wearing, the elegant neck piece, the gorgeous big nose ring. She observed her expensive lehenga. It was red but had chunks of green at some places on the border. Very heavy, everything from her jewellery to her whole bridal lehenga. She looked at her face, she didn't know the words to express herself. She looked okay, she thought. Always conscious!

But then suddenly, her gaze shifted to her hands. She opened them and stared at her palms. They were full of henna designs and in extremely brown color. It was almost looking blackish.

The darker the color, the more passionately he loves you.

She remembered the ladies' words. She gulped the strange feeling forming in her throat.

"You always say, you love me, Mr. Luthra. I don't know if that's true or not. Even after listening from everyone, even after looking at my palms. Still I can't believe? Why? I myself don't know. May be, I just can never digest this fact, Mr. Luthra. Because instead of settling your love in my heart you have always been scaring me, making me helpless.

Love happens. It can be straight, it can be twisted, it can be dark, it can be dangerous. But it can't be forced.

I wish you could have realise this."

Her thoughts were vanished when she heard her bhabhi calling her name. She turned to look all of her friends were too standing there looking beautiful in pretty dresses. She heard gasps. They were looking at her in awe. She felt conscious.

"You are the most beautiful bride, Preeta." Her friend Raashi beamed at her. She gave her a weak smile. But Preeta's eyes turned glossy suddenly. She blinked to jerk away the sentimental sensations in her heart.

This wasn't the time yet. She had to complete many rituals before leaving this home. She had to marry him today. She would have enough time to cry for leaving this home later.

Taking long breaths, she nodded at her friends. They came forward and helped her in walking with the heavy attire. Her bhabhi held her shoulder while saying,"It's the time, Preeta." making her gulp in uncertainty.

The gorgeous bride walked down the decorated way to the mandap settled in the big hall of her home. The flowers, lights, fragrances, everything was so perfect understand shade of her father's efforts. He had took his whole heart in making this wedding magnificent. The guests had arrived and were excited for the bride to arrive.

Little did they know, one heart among them was dying to see her. The heart which belonged to none other than the groom sitting at the mandap. It was beating wildly. After all, his bride was about to come.

And... she arrived with full grace and confidence. Her friends were surrounding her. Her bhabhi was holding her lehenga, helping her to walk smoothly under the lights. As if his life stopped. It was completed by that single view. He was mesmerised by her single appearance. She had stole his breath away.

Yes, she was looking breathtaking.

From the unclear view through his sehra, he observed her walking towards him. Her gaze was at the floor as expected. He knew she was scared of everything right now. This scenario, the mantras, the audience, the wedding and of course, him.

She reached the mandap, her bhabhi made her sat beside him in front of the Agni, the Sacred fire. She felt her body shaking with nervousness. They had a great audience, full of relatives and other guests. But only one thing was in her mind.