36.

There comes a time when you feel torn. You get confused. Your mind is conflicted, divided. But then, there's your heart who makes it difficult. It screams for both the directions. You don't understand, what to think, where to go.

Preeta had been experiencing same this week. It had been whole seven days since she had seen that red night dress. She was hurt but angry too. She wanted to confront him about that gift but didn't have the guts. She knew that anyhow she would end up satisfying him that she didn't like him cheating on her.

On the other side, she was slightly confused. Surely, Karan had hide that gift but other than that he had been quite happy these days. She remembered the third day when he had returned home soon to inform that they had completed the deal with foreign investors which would be highly beneficial for their company. He had hugged her mother-in-law and Kritika but not her.

For the first time, she felt hurt at him for ignoring her. She was angry on herself for even thinking of him touching her. He wasn't even looking at her. It was as if there was no further motive of sharing his good news with her.

Being happy these days was not a problem. But ignoring her was surely itching for Preeta. He had ignored her so many times. But shouldn't it be relieving? She wanted this already. His teases, his pervert comments, his naughty smiles, his possessive touch, she wanted to be relieved from all of them. But why the hell she wasn't feeling relieved?

It seemed as if it wasn't fair. Why? He had forced her, manhandled her. He made her cry again and again. It was surely fair to not get in touch with him. She shouldn't care at all if he had been succeeding in his deals or hugging his loved ones. She shouldn't care if he was giving elegant and informal gifts to his clients.

But after everything, she actually cared.

He had allowed her to talk to Arjun. Surely in front of him, but he did allowed. He had been giving her expensive jewellery every week. He had been avoiding her but still asked for the cut on her finger. He had changed the bandaids many times.

Most importantly, he had still not taken her.

He surely had forced her but haven't crossed it further when things had gotten worse. Because of these things, she somehow was coming to a conclusion that except for the matter of obsession for her, he was a good person. Because of these little things, she wanted a better relationship than avoiding each other like enemies.

This was how, she felt confused. Whether to feel good that he was avoiding her or worse that they were not even talking terms even when he was slowly making it up for her.

Recently, Karan had surprised her by calling her parents for lunch on the mid-week. They had come, talked and enjoyed. When she thanked them heartily for meeting her finally, her father spoke up about how Karan had invited them to meet her as she was feeling off these days.

Saying that Preeta's breath was hitched, was an understatement. She had from butterflies to every other fly in her stomach. She was amazed after listening about him taking care if she felt dull these days. He even thought about refreshing her mood by calling them. She was touched by the sweet gesture.

"... This is what married couples do. They cherish each other..."

Preeta recalled the words he had said the other night. She was lying on the bed while Karan was sleeping behind her. Since their last encounter of Preeta's cut reopening, Karan hadn't been regularly coming home. He had spent some nights in the office also. If he had come home late, he hadn't touch her while sleeping. Earlier, he used to put his arm around her waist dominantly. Since their last argument, he hadn't even looked at her properly. Even in front of her parents, Karan was totally formal.