32.

Preeta kneaded the dough while thinking about her marriage. It's been more than a week since she got married and everyone had been extremely humble with her. Her in-laws, Kritika, they had been bonding with her heartily.

But Karan, he had been behaving weird these days. Since that night, the night when we made out. Preeta's stomach churned recalling that night. He had been ignoring her these days. She guessed if it was workload. But one morning, she had heard her father-in-law scolding him for coming home late when he had allotted assistants for him to do extra work.

Even last night, she slept waiting for him. She wanted to ask him if everything's alright. But he wasn't giving her chances. For once, she thought of another woman. But she shook her head. Of all girls in town, he forcefully made me marry him. Not for spending time with other woman. That was absurd, she thought.

But still her thoughts wandered to his routine. He used to tease her and touch her eventually in first two days of marriage. But now he didn't even spend time in their room. Sleeping and bathing. That's what he was using his room for. Nothing else.

You want him to spend time in the bedroom with you?

Preeta widen her eyes and shook her head while finally putting the kneaded dough aside. Now taking the vegetables, she started cutting them. Not that she wanted to spend time with him like a wife do. But she would like to ask about his health, his work. He had been a good husband for not touching her yet. It made her feel comfortable enough to share a room with him.

Two days ago, she had gone to his office with lunch. It was her mother-in-law's idea and she felt like doing it happily. She had noticed, he was hardworking. He totally deserved a little care from home. She had seen his face. He was surprised seeing her in his office.

Preeta had felt embarrassed. Afterall, when in the world she started taking care, if Karan ate his lunch. But she felt a little exciting seeing his eyes lit up at her appearance. He couldn't keep his eyes off her. But when they had left his office, all her mood was destroyed. Arjun's father was sitting in his little cabin and working on his computer. The employees had started wishing the couple which had caught attention of Arjun's father.

He was looking blankly at Preeta making her embarrassed. She had said yes to marry a man who had beaten his son to pulp. All those bitter memories again had rushed through her mind and she had felt like running from there. Employees had greeted her as 'Mrs. Luthra'. And she felt sick with it remembering those days of stalking. She was blackmailed by Karan.

This was not a happy marriage. She shouldn't feel things towards him. Even if he was being a good husband now but that fact couldn't remove those memories from her mind. He had kidnapped her, scared her to death. He had manhandled her, god knows for how many times. He was still that stubborn, mean Karan.

He had always thought about his needs. He never cared what she thought. He had tricked her parents in forcing her to marry her. Now, he was behaving decent to cover all those deeds. He didn't know how badly he had scared Preeta before. She couldn't even talk to boys before doubting them. She couldn't even walk alone on the streets thinking if Karan would kidnap her. She had dreamt about him chasing her, beating her for rejecting him.

The man who never cared about her opinions, could never make her happy.

She didn't know how would she be able to spend her whole life with him. He had been decent now after marriage. Was this an act to lure her in his goodness and then wish for taking her virginity?

Preeta shuddered at the thought. She couldn't even think about being touched by any man so early. She wasn't mentally ready for sex. Even if there would have been a love marriage, she would have asked her lover for more time.