30.

His dark eyes were speaking it all. She understood he was angry. But what made her jaw clench instantly, was him feeling insecure again and that even of a nick name. It was utterly childish and stupid of him.

Her heart wanted her to show gratitude to him for the phone call. But this idiotic reaction from him on a nick name, which didn't even felt intimate to Preeta anymore, made her irritated enough to ignore him.

Looking away, she sternly said,"Thanks for the phone call." It made the scenario more awkward.

She felt him becoming more tensed. His anger flew down as she saw his arms getting relaxed but there was still fury on his face. She didn't had the heart to meet his eyes. So she softly made an effort to turn and lay down.

There was a feeling in her heart that either he would stop her from easily laying down or he would make it difficult to accept her gratitude. But he said nothing.

Preeta was actually feeling weird, more like strange. It wasn't in Karan's nature to behave so non-violently. She was expecting him to manhandle her or some lovesick dialogues through gritted teeth. But he was still sitting there quiet beside her. He didn't even nod at her gratitude.

Finally after some seconds of her laying on bed, she heard Karan sighing. She felt the bed dip as he laid behind her. As she was expecting, Karan didn't held her from behind. This was literally killing Preeta.

Now, she felt annoyed.

What just happened? It didn't have to be so serious. The phone call, the nick name, why was he so mad for that. A new feeling erupted in her heart. What if he was hurt? He always call her with love names. He even call her name with so intensity that never fails to make her uncomfortable with such attention. But she never responded. She never appreciated his love, his gestures.

He was actually being good. He made it up for breaking her phone. He let her talk to Arjun. He proved that his feelings were more than just lust. He was infatuated with her at another level. It's been another night after their marriage and he had still not touched her forcefully. This had made her relaxed somehow.

But it didn't mean that he wasn't possessive.

He was actually making her guilty now. Preeta knew he could go all jealous even hearing about Arjun or Prithvi. But getting all upset and angry just because Arjun had a nick name for Preeta, was insane. It made her realise, how obsessed Karan was of her.

It wasn't in her nature to hurt someone. Preeta didn't have the courage to enjoy teasing Karan. She finally thought how sternly she had thanked him. Collecting some courage, she turned and observed that Karan was laying facing the other side. He was completely at a distance from her.

This is really not normal, she thought.

Swallowing her nervousness, she raised herself on her elbow. "Thank you so much, Mr. Luthra. You don't know how much relaxed I am after talking to Arjun. I am glad you understood how much I needed this..."

She stared at his cheeks, finding his lashes so longer that made him seem attractive. Realising that she was actually adoring him, she looked away at the wall in front and continued explaining.

"... about that nick name. It is a waste of time to even think about it. Arjun used to call me that lovingly and it is just a nick name for me that brings smile on my face knowing, we are still such good friends even after being so apart. But keeping everything aside, I hope you will understand that there is nothing intimate or romantic in calling me that by him, it's completely platonic..." She observed him blinking and staring ahead. She knew he was attentively listening to her so she further spoke. "... You are my husband. It is my duty to be loyal with you and I will, always."