41.

Preeta put the newly washed clothes on hangers and finally nodded at the neatly maintained cupboard. The last night's conversation between her and Karan was still revolving around her mind. She was confused with Karan's thoughts.

She wanted to know what had been going on in his mind. Why did he back away when he was the one who started? The main thing was that Preeta herself showed him that she didn't mind. Then, why Karan had been behaving like an innocent man now. Preeta scoffed mentally.

Earlier, he used to clinge to her for her love and now, when she had been the one to accept his approaches and encourage him, he had been playing the innocent one.

Such a bipolar.

Shaking her head slightly, Preeta turned around from the cupboard only to gasp in shock. Her jaw dropped watching her husband who was standing there in nothing but a towel. She noticed how the water drops were sliding down his chest, his lashes, his whole body and the sinful towel was loosely hanging on his hips. Her reverie broke down when she saw his hand reaching the loose knot of the towel. She immediately turned and widened her eyes.

She fisted her hands when his loud chuckle echoed in the room. "Oh, come on. This is not the first time you have seen me in towel, Preeta. I know you like it," said Karan while running fingers through his wet hair.

She clenched her jaws thinking what happened to the Karan who had denied her last night. Was he playing her by seducing her and then rejecting? She crossed her arms in annoyance.

"Like it, my foot. You just need my attention all the time, Karan. When I by chance give it you, you prove that how of a sick player you are. No one wants to see you naked." Preeta said through gritted teeth and huffed angrily. Karan raised his eyebrows and blinked thoughtfully at her words. He noticed her anger about last night's conversation.

"A sick player? When I kissed you last night, you said what. You didn't mind. Tell me, Preeta. Are you doing a favour on me by allowing me to kiss you because I have paid for your father? Does it make your heart light that you are paying me slowly by giving me permissions?" Preeta stiffened and lowered her eyes while processing his words.

In a moment, she was turned around by a furious Karan. She noticed his jaws clenched and eyes digging glares on her face. Her face burned in embarrassment as she tried to back away from him. But Karan trapped her by forcing his body on her. He pushed her that Preeta had no other way than getting pasted to the only cupboard she had worked on.

"Karan..." She stuttered while staring at his bare chest. Karan put his one hand beside her head while other using to pull her close by tugging on her nuptial necklace. Preeta felt herself being speechless because of the close proximity.

"Tell me, Preeta. Isn't it true that you pity me for not getting return on my investment? Isn't it unfair that I haven't got you even after showing so much kindness? That is what making you not minding over my affections. True. Isn't it?" Karan said while smiling creepily at her. Preeta gulped and slowly looked in his eyes.

Her heart clenched at the sarcastic smile he was giving her. She felt disappointed for being misunderstood by him. She shook her head and tried to reason but Karan again spoke up,"Do you know why I feel like ending before I lose myself? Because your affection seems forceful to me. You do nothing but satisfy yourself that you have been slowly playing the good wife with me. Who is the sick player, Preeta?" Preeta bit her lip and pleadingly looked in his eyes.

"I won't stop when you'll kiss me with your heart, Preeta. It's not just compatibility. It's more than that. I won't stop if I know that my wife too wants me and there's nothing she wants except for kissing me as madly as I want to kiss her..."