29.

"We have a great cook, here. Amazing, Preeta beta." Mahesh Luthra compliment at the dining table. The Luthras were very excited to taste the dishes, Preeta had made. Everyone loved it and complimented except Karan. He was quite in family gatherings but had his smug looks on, Preeta had noticed.

"Thank-you, dad." She said shyly while Picking the plates with leftovers. One by one relatives had left after thanking Preeta.

Now, only Rakhi and Mahesh Luthra were there. "Preeta, will you sit for a minute?" Both were looking at her with hope, making her sit at one chair shyly.

Seeing her finally settled, the couple looked at each other and then at Preeta. "How are you feeling? Is everything going well?" Preeta looked at her father-in-law. He was still the charming man she had met for the first time in rain.

"Yes, of course. I am happy." Rakhi had nodded but observed the volume of Preeta's voice lowering.

"Is Karan treating you well? We know, it all had happened without your consent. But we don't want to encourage it now. We need your opinions, your likes."

Preeta shook her head. "Don't worry, dad. He is being quite cooperative." She remembered the conversation about the phone. But still not trying to worry her sweet in-laws, she softly said,"... He has changed." To which Mahesh Luthra laughed.

"No. He's not changed. He is just being his sweet self. People make mistakes judging him by his behaviour at wrong times. It's all about his honesty. He never fakes it."

Preeta didn't reply at the exclamation. She felt Mahesh Luthra being proud of her son. The son, who married a girl forcefully.

"Umm... Well, we are hoping that you both get along well. Anything you need, any thing you want to share, we both are here. Kritika is here. This is your home. You are a part of it, now. Relax and live peacefully here. Okay?" Rakhi said while looking at Mahesh Luthra eventually.

Preeta nodded and smiled at the couple. "Sure." Rakhi smiled and gestured her that she can leave now. Mahesh Luthra blessed her when she touched their feet. They had seriously gotten a gem, they thought.

Smiling to herself, Preeta returned to her room. She saw Karan working on his laptop. She noticed that he was wearing spectacles this time. He was looking a... sexy geek.

"Did you eat?"

Preeta came back to her senses and murmured,"Yes." She was still angry on him for breaking her phone. Her brother had gifted her on her nineteenth birthday and she was way too hurt by Karan's cruelty.

Ignoring him she start moving towards bathroom so she could refresh herself. After making the dinner for whole family, she was exhausted. Not that she minded it. She loved making others happy with her food and Luthras were really sweet according to her. Everyone in this house had accepted her with heart and had been treating her with love and respect. But Karan, he was dominating her even when they were married now. Preeta was fed up of his ruthless attitude.

Karan's head turned to see her going towards bathroom. He noticed that Preeta wasn't comfortable in wearing heavy sarees. That's why she was desperate to change whenever she had the chance. He smiled at remembering her cute gestures. The way, she was serving everyone. He felt being lucky, proud. Everyone loved her. She too liked every member except him.

The thought made Karan shook his head in disappointment. Knowing that Preeta would be sleeping after returning from bathroom, he shut his laptop and other files. Putting his glasses on the table, he got up and laid on the bed. He put his arm under his head and waited for her. To which, Preeta soon returned back in the room.

Her gaze fell on Karan who was looking casually at the ceiling. Ignoring him, she put her bangles and earrings in her drawers and looked back at him. It was second night of their marriage and she was still not comfortable sleeping with him. But this time, she had the excuse. She was angry on him.