34.

It was Sunday morning in Luthras' house. Mahesh Luthra was sitting outside in his little garden. Turning another page, he read the business article with interest. Thinking about his coming guests from foreign, he remembered he didn't have actually discussed it with his son.

To his convenience, Karan was already walking out of the house fully dressed in suit. His eyebrows knitted. Even on a holiday, he was thinking of going office leaving Preeta.

"Karan."

He saw his son stopping on his way to his car which was parked closest to the gate. Karan sighed and came towards his dad.

"Morning, Dad."

"Good morning and where are you going this pleasant day?" He saw Karan shrinking his eyes in bright sunlight and slightly shook his head.

"Nothing. Just a bit work."

Mahesh Luthra observed his son. His eyes were swollen and his face was red. He had an irritated expression which made him guess if he had a headache.

"First, sit here."

Karan rubbed his forehead irritatedly.

"Dad, I need to go."

Mahesh Luthra raised his eyebrows now totally folding the newspaper and putting it aside on the plastic table.

Karan rolled his eyes and finally sat on the chair.

"How's the deal going with foreign clients?"

Karan sighed and leaned on the chair.

"They are being a bit pain in the ..." He cleared his throat. "... I mean they are throwing tantrums. They said they wanted to see the building before buying the whole floor for their company. I am sure they will answer only after arriving here on her head."

Mahesh Luthra nodded in agreement.

"So, have you prepared the projects?"

Karan raised his one eyebrow. "Everything."

Mahesh Luthra looked at him with a questionable glare.

"Then, stop roaming around and spend time with your wife. She has been engaging herself in the kitchen all day and night."

Karan's mind blanked by just hearing her name. His father was talking about the time. He had no idea how much they were messed up. Spending time was a big thing for him. She hadn't even acknowledged his presence since last night. He was alone in his room with a heavy hangover while she had already busied herself in the kitchen.

"Karan, Is there any problem, son? You had been so positive about this marriage. It's strange when you are avoiding her like this."

Karan's eyes lowered as he thought last night. The way he had forced her and didn't even cared about his injury, was a shameful act. He had been so ashamed of himself.

"I know there's some problem. Is she even happy here?"

Karan looked at the table with a blank face. He didn't know how to reply his father. Happy? He had tried everything to make it happen but luck was never in his favour. All his efforts seemed bribing to me. All his pampering seemed fake acts to her. What could he do to make her happy? He helplessly shook his head.

"She still hates me."

Mahesh Luthra felt sympathetic towards his son. He knew his son had done so many mistakes, so much wrong to the girl. Her hatred was totally reasonable. But it was not in her hand to make herself like him. It was in Karan's hand only.

He stared at his heartbroken son who was sitting there feeling ashamed of himself. He had treated him like a prince. He was his part. Seeing him so disappointed at himself was breaking him.