43.

Just as Karan asked for a drink at a counter, he looked at his magnificent wife. Pulling her close, he smirked at her. But it only felt as a trigger to Preeta that she pushed gently at his chest and looked away.

"What are you doing?"

Karan raised his eyebrow and leaned closer to her ear.

"Loving you. Trust me, one look at your skin churns me out. I am losing myself."

Preeta shuddered at his words and gulped before looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"Couch."

Karan stared at her being totally blank.

"Come again?"

Preeta flared her nostrils and raised her eyebrows.

"Couch. You are sleeping on the couch, tonight." Karan's eyebrows raised and he roamed his eyes on her face. Realisation hit him finally and he laughed at her adorable ways.

"So, my little tigress is all grumpy."

The waiter brought the mock tail distracting Preeta to take it but she still continued her blank expressions while taking a sip.

Karan moved his lower jaw to the left thinking how his Preeta was being confident tonight and it had been creating a thirst inside him. He exhaled in desire and stared at her.

"But I can always make you forget it. I apologized to you, Preeta."

Preeta gave him a fake smile making him chuckle and huffed angrily.

"Whole time in the car, Kabir and Pooja were so adorable together. I felt like a third wheel, you know. I longed to come here and see you. Guess what, my traitor of a husband was enjoying here with his ladies in those short, skimpy dresses..."

Karan opened his mouth but Preeta stopped by continuing her ranting.

"... I saw how that Misha ... Mini..."

"Monisha," corrected Karan making her glare at him. He pressed his lips tight at her face and controlled his laughter.

"... She was clinging to you and you enjoyed every single minute of it. God knows, for how much time you have been here without me. You could have just tell me not to come. I would have easily let you enjoy here alone. I am not going to let this go easily, Karan. You didn't even look at me properly. I had been sitting blank like this for two whole hours. I did this all for you..."

Preeta stopped speaking when she noticed the two waiters standing beside them were looking at her. She gulped and looked back at Karan who was staring at her being speechless. She blinked unconsciously and calmed herself. Feeling embarrassed on her rant, she whispered,"Ohh, I am sorry... I just got..."

She tried to move away from Karan but he kept his hand on her waist.

"Preeta, I am sorry. I said sorry." He pleaded making her face red in embarrassment.

"... and who says I didn't look at you, I have spent a whole moment to notice how glorious you look. I looked at every part, every curve..." Preeta blushed making him chuckle.

"... and about Monisha, yes, she had been my best friend once. She is lovely and I was overwhelmed meeting her after a long time. Not just her, but all of them. They are nice and loved you. You were great there. Didn't you see, they..." Preeta cut him off by shaking her head a bit.

"They are nice but I meant like how they all were staring at you, the girls..." Preeta's throat tightened as she recalled how all the girls were checking him out and staring at him as if he was the most charming Prince here. Of course, he was but he was married and hers. She looked at Karan with a genuine sadness. "... I felt as if you enjoyed all of it. I felt..."