19.

It felt so stupid thinking that the man, her family had chosen for her was none other than The Karan Luthra. Her biggest nightmare who had been clinging to her life like a lizard.

Preeta felt being betrayed by her family. She had so much believe in them that they would choose the perfect man for him. The man who would love her, respect her, make her happy and Preeta was sure that Karan would never be able to fulfill those needs. He was obsessed with her, not in love. He never respected her choice, her feelings and that's why he would never be able to make her happy.

The decision had been taken. The answer had been given. The matter was now of her father's words. He had chosen him for her. He was satisfied with his choice. But he was regretting not telling his daughter. He knew even if Preeta felt being betrayed, she would never let herself hating her family. She wouldn't hold the grudge. Her father couldn't do more than just praying that Preeta's point of view about Karan changes soon. She would also see the side that they had seen. She would finally realise that marrying this man could be the best thing for her. But its a prayer sent to God. He would take his actions slowly but surely. All he had to was have faith.

Preeta slowly looked around the palace that her father had booked. It was an average middle-class venue. But the decoration was extra ordinary. The chandeliers, the lights, the bouquets, the food and drinks being served, everything was pleasant.

She and her family had reached the venue just ten minutes ago and the guests had started arriving efficiently. There was a feeling of nervousness, sadness in her heart. She was just reminding herself that she was doing this for her father. He wanted this. He wanted her marry Karan, a man of his choice. So being an obedient daughter she would do that.

But what would be her future then? The answer was uncertain.

Her eyes fell on her father who was welcoming every guest and greeting them politely. There was a genuine happiness on his face. Her mother beside him was copying his expressions. Both looked happy. A sad smile curved on her face as she looked at them.

They are happy.

She loved them. She would do this without any argument but what future awaits, was eating her up. The Bollywood party songs were playing and lightening up the air. Her brother was taking care if everything was prepared or not. Her sister-in-law, Shikha came towards her, as she leaned down closer to Preeta who was sitting on the red velvety couch.

"They have reached. Don't be nervous, Preeta. Everything happens for a reason."

Preeta absentmindedly nodded and got up to see the Luthras arriving. She saw her father greeting Karan's parents. His father was looking very elegant and charming in his black suit while his mother was wearing a green saree which was very perfect for the occasion. The work on the saree was purely eye catching and the diamond jewellery she was wearing made it more elegant.

The next person to enter was Kritika wearing a gorgeous baby blue lehenga. Following her were some of the friends and cousins, she was told about by Kritika sometimes. She felt sad that Kritika too kept this hidden that Karan was her cousin brother. How her fate could be so twisted? When she was thinking she was away from him, she was actually very close to his people, his life.

Her heart started beating faster in nervousness as she saw men of Karan's age started walking inside. They were all Karan's friends. She recognised Kabir immediately. And the time had come when her nightmare would start with his entry. Karan Luthra walked through the entrance in all his glory.

If the situation would have been not like this, she would have beamed at him for looking so handsome. His black suit was sharp-looking and well-fitted to his muscular, well-built form. His shoes were polished as he walked confidently inside the hall to greet his future parents-in-law. He bent down and touched their feet, showing his etiquettes that Preeta hadn't come through. She saw his perfect jaw line, perfect sharp nose, and the most attractively, his hair combed neatly back making him look like a model walking down on a ramp.