21.

"Prithvi, this is technically proved already. Why don't you check this case in the notes?"

Handing her personal notes to Prithvi, Preeta leaned back on the chair. Both of them were seating at the table in Prithvi's bedroom. At first, Preeta felt extremely uncomfortable being here alone. She had come to his room many times before as Raamya and Raashi used to be with her. But now she was alone. Only if she would have known that's what Prithvi wanted at all.

But right now as the time passed quickly, Preeta was getting comfortable with Prithvi in the same room alone. They both were studying from the previous hair and Preeta had successfully cleared Prithvi's doubt. To which he was getting nervous slowly as the chance was coming closer where he would try his luck again.

The work was done almost, now. Preeta was getting restless as she wanted to leave and study herself too. She saw Prithvi taking the look on notes and finally nodding his head in understanding. Seeing him, Preeta finally smiled. It was the last question and she could easily leave now after finally helping her friend.

She softly said,"I hope everything is clear, now." Prithvi nervously smiled and closed the books. Keeping them aside, he sighed and nervously looked at the beauty in front of him.

"One question is still left."

Being confused, she raised her eyebrows. Her gaze fell on the notes as she again took them out of her bag. She heartily said,"Tell me." To which Prithvi only get more nervous. He shook his head and put hands on the notes which Preeta was opening.

"Its not related to the exam."

Preeta looked up at Prithvi confused. What was he thinking? She was curious as she could see the unfamiliar expression on his face.

"Okay."

She waited for his response as Prithvi slowly got up from the chair and walked towards the window. He didn't want to ruin his chance. This was it. He had to make her agree. He would have to convince her. Taking this was the only chance, he turned and looked back at the girl sitting consciously on the chair. Her beautiful brown eyes were staring at him with uncertainty as if she knew whatever he was going to say wasn't something normal.

"I-I wanted to say this to you from long time, Preeta. But respecting our friendship, I had kept my mouth shut, kept my feelings apart." Prithvi looked at her to get the response and he surely got one. Preeta had stiffened hearing him talking about feelings.

She looked away from him. Keeping the eye contact was getting uncomfortable in his intense gaze.

"You have already told me, you don't want to hurt your parents by choosing a life partner by yourself. And keeping this in mind, I have planned my way."

Preeta flinched as she heard him walking towards her. Prithvi stood near her and immediately sat in front of her chair, making Preeta's eyes widen in surprise. Her heart started beating faster.

"Prithvi, what are you doing?"

Before she could stand up from the chair in nervousness, he put hands on her knees and pleaded with eyes. Preeta stopped moving and looked at him with blank expression on her face. A feeling was crawling in her heart that this wasn't going to end on a good note. She just wanted to leave because she knew Prithvi would be disappointing her now.

"Please."

The word made Preeta letting out a long breath as she looked down at her knees and started fidgeting with her fingers.

"What are you doing, Prithvi?"

He didn't reply just kept on staring at her with intensity in his eyes which was scaring Preeta. He saw her putting one strand of hair behind her ear in nervousness which made him realise how creepy he would be looking right now. Coming back to the senses, he shook his head.