38.

There is a type of feeling when your heart feels heavy. The feeling comes over you so violently that you feel like running into that only moment leaving all other things behind. It's called being restless.

Preeta was sitting there restlessly with so many things in her mind. She held her forehead and closed her eyes. So many thoughts had covered her mind that she couldn't hear her inner conscience.

"Preeta, it's our turn." She slowly looked at her husband blankly. Her gaze observed his tired face yet there was a small smile on his face which was signing encouragement to her.

With the operation done already, her father's reports turned out positive which had brought relief among all of them. Everyone was thanking God for keeping her father fine. After two hours when doctor announced that he was alright, the Aroras visited the patient one by one. A pair was allowed at one time and it was now turn for PreeRan.

Slowly nodding her head, Preeta stood up from the couch. Karan immediately wrapped his arm around her to hold her forearm and Preeta felt Shikha's words replaying in her mind.

"We couldn't have find a better person for you, Preeta."

Preeta looked briefly at Karan and lowered her gaze to the floor while walking. Shikha had told her so much that she herself hadn't got the time to think of what should she do now. Her father's health was the biggest issue and she first wanted to relieve herself by watching him breathing calmly.

With Karan's support, she slowly entered the room. The couple looked around the room and saw her father lying on the bed with medical equipments around him. Some IVs were connected to his both the arms and Preeta gulped at the sick feeling that was erupting by seeing so much weakness on her father's face.

"Papa..." She whispered while sitting on the stool beside his bed. Following her Karan too sat beside her on another stool. Her father's eyes opened and he finally smiled at her.

"My princess." Her heart broke at the sad smile his father was smiling. She couldn't stop her tears but gulped and controlled when Karan squeezed her hand that he had intertwined with his.

"I am upset with you, papa." A soft chuckle erupted from her father as he slowly tried to lift himself up on the pillows. Karan immediately helped him and made him sit a little narrowed to not affect the stitches.

"Why did you have to drink when you knew it could hurt you? Have seen mummy's face? Bhai and bhabhi came all night driving for you. And you are laughing at me." She sobbed making Karan smile at her weird behavior.

Her father held her other hand. "Forgive me, bachhe. Your father was stupid to do so. I promise I won't do it again. What could I do when this body is getting older day by day? We old people, will now automatically get diseases and pains." Preeta scoffed and sobbed quietly making her father sighed.

"I know I shouldn't have done that. Blame that old colleague of mine who offered me the drink and I was charmed to take it. My brain had left me alone that time. But I promise, i will take care now. Forgive me, bachhe. You know these tears will make me more weak. C'mon, tell her Karan that I am genuinely sorry." Her father gave Karan a pleading look who himself was disappointed with his behaviour.

He had been so much worried about his health himself. He had been contacting the doctors daily, approaching them so they could give Mr. Arora proper medications. But watching his pleading eyes, he sighed and finally looked at a broken Preeta.

"He's saying sorry, Preeta." He said while wrapping his arm around her and rubbing it. The mere gesture melted Mr. Arora heart as he smiled at the couple and was happy to see that Preeta was finally coping up with this marriage.