28.

The Indian weddings are famous for their never ending rituals. One of them is Pagphere. It's a post wedding ritual in which the bride and groom returns to bride's home to meet her family.

It directly gives the message that even after marriage, the girl will always be welcomed in our home. Moreover, it is also an excuse for girls' family to welcome the groom as their new son-in-law, as a new member of the family.

Karan and Preeta had also came to Arora's residence for this ritual. Everyone had welcomed them with grace. Preeta had noticed that her brother, bhabhi, her friends Ramya and Raashi had waited for her. That's why they didn't left for Delhi.

Everyone had actually hesitated talking to Karan except Preeta's parents. Her brother Naveen had went to his room after giving them blessing while all the girls went to Preeta's old bedroom with her.

"How does it feel? Being married." Ramya asked politely observing Preeta's beautiful attire.

"I feel mature and responsible. But I am still not used to it." Preeta whispered looking around her room. "We have been staying in this room only." Preeta's eyes lit up hearing that.

"Yeah... We saw your albums, old photos. You were quite an all rounder. Huh." Preeta laughed hearing Raashi's words. "You are exaggerating. I was totally shy." The girls cleared their throat knowingly. "Ohh really. We think Arjun was the shy one in the pics." Raashi commented but her smile faltered observing Preeta's face that had fell.

The room had turned silent. "Does he know? I mean did Aunty came when I left? She talked about him or not?" Preeta asked reluctantly sitting on her bed. The girls shook their head and looked at each other. Ramya spoke suddenly,"But I heard your mom asking your dad about it. They were guessing if his parents hadn't told him."

Preeta's heart clenched hearing that. She was so missing Arjun. In this pool of rituals and functions, she had forgotten about him and Prithvi. "Have you talked to Prithvi?" She asked Ramya who shook her head with an upset face.

"He is not picking up. He didn't even came. I had seen his father at the wedding. Must be oblivious to why his son didn't came." Preeta gulped the bile rising in her throat.

Suddenly, the door opened and her bhabhi entered. Realising the awkwardness that Shikha wanted to talk alone with Preeta, her friends left knowingly. Preeta was sensing it weird.

"What happened, bhabhi?"

Shikha smiled and came closer to her. She touched her chin and commented,"You are looking pretty as the newly married girl." Preeta nervously smiled.

Shikha offered Preeta a glass of juice but Preeta declined. Forcing it again, Shikha brought the glass closer to her. Preeta laughed and took the glass to drink.

"Preeta, how did it went? L-Last night. Did he hurt you?" Shikha's voice was low and Preeta was feeling so uneasy.

She shook her head and looked at her bhabhi with a flushed face. "He didn't touch me. He was actually far from doing it. There's no point of hurting then." Saying that Shikha was surprised would be an understatement. Her eyes were falling out her sockets. She had always guessed that Karan was desperate to have Preeta for his needs. But he had surprised them by being a gentleman.

"Really?"

Preeta nodded sincerely. "Yes, he never forced me. He had been behaving quite civil. Even romantic. He is really putting efforts for us, bhabhi."

Shikha smiled in awe. "That's really sweet of him. See, I had told you to give him a chance." Preeta stared at her in disagreement.

"I can't forgive him that easily, bhabhi. He has not even realised how much I had suffered because of him. It is wrong to encourage his feelings. He will dominate me more." Shikha nodded but wasn't totally agreeing.