3.

Chapter 3|Love keeps me sane

If her love is what keeps you sane, then love her like there's no tomorrow.

Preeta got down from the bus and quietly started walking towards her way. She saw Karan's car, parked near the bus stop just like she had expected. Not even glancing at him, she clutched her bag tightly and started taking big steps.

The car followed her but Preeta didn't stop. She kept on walking and soon she reached the familiar street. She fastened her steps noticing that no one was around and Karan had stopped the car.

Her lip quivered in fear when she heard the slamming of the car door. Soon, her wrist was grabbed forcefully and turning her around, he started dragging her towards his car.

Preeta had already decided the day that she won't talk to him at any cost.

She kept on struggling hard until Karan started using more force. His hold tightened and it started hurting her skin. Feeling helpless, Preeta clenched her jaws and glared at him.

His stubborn expressions boiled her blood and she immediately stopped moving. Before he could drag her more, she collected some force and pushed him hard with a loud grunt.

Karan's eyes displayed the shock but then he glared at her. Before he could grab her wrist again, she slapped him hard.

The sound of slap echoed in the silent street and Karan kept on staring on the road in shock. His whole face was turned by the force, she had applied.

His jaws clenched and he looked back at her with fury raging in his dark eyes. But it all vanished when he saw pure hatred in her amber ones.

Something inside him, broke.

Maybe, a hope.

"From past month, I have been suffering hell by being with you. I can't even breathe because of your bloody calls and dates. You should have understood by now that I despise you," she yelled while glaring at him with tear-pooled eyes.

He shook his head at her. "You know, what will happen, Preeta. You know, I will upload."

"Go! Please, upload!" She screamed at his face.

Stepping back, she covered her cheeks and shook her head while squeezing her eyes shut.

"For once, I thought that we can really be together? But, no. I can't be with a man who has slapped my father for a little damage. Was a backlight valued too much than a man's respect? Too much than your morals? I have never seen anyone raising their voice at him and you slapped him."

Her lip trembled but she breathed.

"He is the most sensitive, the sweetest person you would ever meet. And you just slapped him like that. I am sorry but I can't be with you anymore. Go, upload the photo. I don't care," she screamed while looking at him with teary eyes.

Karan was listening to her attentively just like that afternoon. Her words had always affected him. They would make him realize about how bad of a person he was.

Giving him one last look of disappointment, she ran away to her home without thinking about the consequences.

She just wanted to leave him behind.

Far behind.

______

Wiping her cheeks, she quietly entered her home.

"Mummy, I am home." Her voice was a bit shaky but she covered it by breathing slowly.

"Guess, who has come to meet you?" came her mother's voice from the kitchen.