26.

Slowly removing her heavy jewellery and clothes, she sighed in relief. Removing those heavy accessories was so difficult. She had waste a lot of time in just opening the locks. Finally, being fully naked, Preeta felt light and immediately went under the shower. She noticed how different this bathroom was from the one in her old bedroom. It was luxurious and big.

Wiping herself with towel, she unfolded the night dress and almost gasped touching the cloth. It was silk. She didn't want to wear her undergarments being so tired and this silky night dress will expose her in front of her creepy husband. But she felt relieved when she saw a lacy long shrug of same colour to wear on the dress. It all ended down her knees.

"I don't have any other thing to wear than this stupid night dress. I can't wear this heavy lehenga, too. Way too dedicated for my first night, Preeta. God, kill me." She groaned in anger. She even felt angry on Kritika for choosing that nightie.

Finally not having any other option, Preeta wore it and tied the knot of the lacy cover on her waist that was long till her knees. Looking at the mirror, she felt her heart clenched. There was still the faded vermilion on the partition of her hair. There was also that mangalsutra on her neck. She couldn't remove them. They were the signs that she was married, taken. Shutting her eyes, she wiped her tears for last time.

Glancing one more time in the mirror, she turned away to walk out of the bathroom like a zombie. She didn't know what would happen now. She hated wearing that dress. Her suitcase had nothing except heavy sarees. She cursed at her cousins for being so naughty. With a conflicted mind, she shut the door behind her and searched for Karan.

Surprisingly, he was standing near her suitcase. Her eyebrows knitted in confusion. But when she saw her suitcase opened, she looked at him more focused realising that he was busy in staring at his gift.

She shook her head in annoyance and saw him adoring the watch that her friends had forced her to buy for him. She rolled her eyes and ignored him.

Karan noticed her presence and smirked at her. "That's something nice." He commented making Preeta scoff. She knew how rich he was. He could buy any watch he wanted. He must be already having so many watches. She knew he just wanted her attention, the watch didn't matter. What matter was that she had actually bought a gift. But who knew she was actually forced to buy it.

Cursing herself, Preeta looked at the sofa. Not giving a bit attention to Karan, she immediately grabbed a pillow from the bed and started walking towards the big couch. But she didn't knew that Karan was noticing her actions.

After adoring his gift, he had turned to look at her but was awestruck about how tempting she looked in that dress. She was looking hot, he thought. His eyes roamed from her beautiful face down to her bare legs. He gulped feeling his manhood hardening and twitching in his pants. But those sensations shattered when he saw her putting the pillow on the couch and then lied properly to close her eyes in peace.

What the hell.... he thought.

She looked cute doing those stubborn acts but it was unacceptable for Karan. Putting the watch aside, he stomped towards the couch and chuckled seeing Preeta shutting her eyes like a baby in fear. She could hear him coming. With in one swift motion, he picked her up in his arms in bridal style. Preeta gasped and widened her eyes at Karan. Noticing what was happening, she got scared guessing if Karan was going to force her now. "What are you doing?" Grabbing her light form tightly, Karan didn't reply and took her to the bed.

Preeta looked at the bed with horror. All the rose petals lying there were scaring her. Shaking her head, she moved her arms to protest against Karan. But the man was so strong. He fastened his pace towards the bed and laid Preeta on bed. But seeing her terror-stricken face, Karan understood what Preeta was thinking.