22.

How much a rejection could affect a boy with high ego, Preeta was very well aware of that. Karan had actually proved that properly. But now, the boy was not a stranger. He was a boy whom she had been friends for almost two years.

A little part in her heart wanted to be with Prithvi. To try how would she feel to improve their friendship to an another level. But the point was so obvious.

She was meant for someone else.

The possession was proudly settled on her ring finger. One last exam and then, she would have no time for being his wife.

These past exam days had been so unnerving for her. Going to the college, attempting all the questions and keeping all the problems away to another part of her mind was difficult. Top of all, the difficulty actually used to come when she had to reach the parking lot without getting caught by her friends. In between, Raamya had even caught her and had argued in behalf of Prithvi.

She was actually agreeing to Raamya's points favouring Prithvi. She had told her how they were so perfect for each other. Prithvi could make her so lucky if she changed her mind.

But being helpless, Preeta had secretly told them about her engagement. After all, she would have to invite them for wedding eventually. To say that both of her friends were shock, was an understatement. They were baffled hearing how so much had happened. The real friendship then awakened as both Raamya and Raashi consoled Preeta totally understanding her situation.

She was relieved somehow that she didn't bump into Prithvi anyway. But the unsettling feeling was still there that she had really lost a good friend. Moreover, she wasn't actually ready to face him too.

Today, was the last exam. It went well after passing sleepless nights only to dig holes in her books. Preeta was satisfied with her exams yet she knew she could have done better if Prithvi and Karan wouldn't have distract her.

Leaving examination hall, she just wanted to reach home and sleep peacefully. Anybody could decipher by looking at large bags under her eyes that how much she had slept these nights. Just like always, she was afraid if Prithvi would be there but his car had always been absent from the day she had refused him. It was really weird for her. She wanted to talk to him with a free mind. To make him understand again. But all over, the thought of facing him was still scary.

She rode away from the campus and was getting out of the university area. Just as she had left behind the government buildings, she entered into a narrow lane. She was passing the road but caught the familiar car parked sideways on the road.

Prithvi was talking with Raamya and Raashi. He was looking much angry while Raamya and Raashi were talking animatedly. If that wasn't enough to startle her, her phone had started ringing in her pocket. She immediately held the break and cut the unknown number's call. She didn't even bother to check the number.

I should go and check if everything's alright. Besides, I would talk to Prithvi too.

With her thoughts, she parked her scooter and walked towards her friends. As if they had sensed she was coming, Raamya called Preeta's name.

"What are you doing here?" Raamya asked worriedly. Preeta shook her head and stole a glance at Prithvi who was staring away from the girls. Preeta reluctantly explained,"I saw you guys here. So I thought about meeting you since it was last exam today."

Raashi smiled at Preeta and looked at Raamya who was grimly facing Prithvi. Sensing the environment, Preeta thought about talking to Prithvi. She started,"Hello, Prithvi." To which Prithvi didn't even looked at her and clutched his fists. Preeta felt the old familiar fear coming back in her stomach.