Epilogue | The Next Journey

Sitting on a bar stool in a pub was a familiar black-haired man, his icy blue eyes cast down on the black marks on his arm. How long has it been since the final battle?

These marks of his were a reminder of his use of Harvester. A reminder of his sins... Even if he did obtain retribution for his actions in the past. The marks that remained on his skin are a constant reminder of what he's done. A glass of liquor was soon passed over to him, Akira grabbing it without any sort of hesitation as he drank it all in one go. However, in the corner of his eye, he spotted a familiar person, that person carrying something in his arms.

Lubbock: "Never thought I'd find you here. Well, it's even more strange that you called me out here."

Akira: "...Do you have it?"

Lubbock: "What, not even a single 'hello'?"

Letting out a small click with his tongue, Akira got up and lunged forward. Grabbing Lubbock by his neck, the green-haired man making no reaction to it whatsoever, Akira gave the green-haired man a glare, seething with anger. But that anger wasn't directed towards him.

Akira: "I don't have time to play games, Lub. I'll ask you again. Do. You. Have. It."

Lubbock: (sigh) "Would you settle down? At least try not to kill me."

Scoffing, Akira let Lubbock go. The green-haired man dusted himself off as the two sat down on the bar stools. Lubbock then took whatever he was holding and put it on the table, the item revealing to be a book. It was Saikyuu's Teigu, Rongo Rongo.

Lubbock: "As promised, here it is. You know, it took a bit of negotiation from Najenda and the other leaders to even remotely sse it. Besides, what did you need it for?"

Akira: "Information."

Lubbock: "Blunt with your answers as ever, I see. What kind of information?"

The blue-eyed man said nothing. Taking the book and setting it in front of him, Akira opened it up and scrolled through the book until he landed on a particular name of an island country. His eyes were deadset on them.

---

Akira: "Well... Can't say that this reunion has been lovely, Lubbo."

Lubbock: (deadpan) "Uh-huh. Sure was lovely. Especially when you tried to strangle my neck."

Akira: "...You know. She was really happy when she told me... Especially about the fact that our family was about to grow bigger. Hell, Air was happy that she was about to be an older sister. She... They were really looking forward to it."

Lubbock: "Yeah. I can only imagine... You sure you want to do this? Even if you have to leave them behind?"

Akira: "I have to. Akame blames herself for this, but it wasn't her fault. If anything, it's mine. I should've been stronger so I could've prevented what happened then. I should've been there."

Lubbock: "Well, what's done is done. You can't change whatever happened in the past, Akira."

Akira: "Yeah, I know, Lubbo. ...This'll be the last time we see each other until I return, you know that... Right?"

Lubbock: "I know. Just... Come back in one piece. Okay? If you don't come at our gatherings every year, everyone will be missing the resident cook."

Akira: "Tsk. Piss off. ...But seriously, Lub. Thank you."

Lubbock: "...Just come back in one piece."

Nodding his head, Akira departed for his home. After the war, Najenda had gave Akira, Akame, and Air a temporary home in the Capital, the three of them still deciding of where they wanted to live.