33| The Brewing Storm

Over the course of just a few weeks, the newly made secret police force of the Empire, Wild Hunt, had been causing nothing but trouble. Conducting "investigations," which were actually just them abusing their power, going around raping and murdering innocents, and those they considered "traitors" to the Empire. With their leader, Syura, the son of the Prime Minister, he let himself and his teammates do whatever they please, Honest turning a blind eye to his son's actions. So long as he remembers his goal, capture and eliminate Night Raid.

Unfortunately for the Jaegers, they couldn't do much. With Esdeath in the west, putting down the many uprisings of the western tribes there, the Jaegers couldn't necessarily exercise their authority. Especially since if they did anything rash, Syura could just sentence them to death. 

However, with this many uprisings and invasions from their enemies, the political and military leaders couldn't help but worry. Currently, they all met in the war room of the Imperial Capital, Prime Minister Honest at the end of the table, munching on a drumstick while his son stood behind him.

Honest: "As you all know, the Rebel Army has broken through our barriers in a bloodless battle. Do we have any ideas for how to deal with this threat?"

Political Leader 1: "Shit! Another bloodless surrender... Curse those spineless viceroys."

Political Leader 2: "What are the regional armies doing? Have them forgo putting down the riots and focus on the Rebel Army!"

Political Leader 3: "The Rebel Army has already had countless run-ins with the local units, but the Rebel Army is led by former generals who are not only seasoned soldiers, but also equipped with Teigu."

Political Leader 1: "They have Black Marlin, Extase, and Scream too...! They keep driving us away."

Political Leader 2: "So the majority of the Teigu that went missing ended up in the hands of the Rebel Army... We underestimated them."

Amongst the talking, Honest continued to munch on his meaty drumstick. It wasn't until he made a side glance to his son, whispering to him.

Honest: (sigh) "All this talking in circles is making me lose my appetite."

Syura: (thoughts) 'This situation is so critical, and yet... Pop's acting like he's got all the time in the world... Is it because we have the supreme Teigu that's been passed down through the Imperial family? Well, there's two of them, so that's probably why...'

Soon, the doors to the war room opened. Marching in with heavy footsteps was someone the military leaders were all relieved to see. It was quite the famous military leader and figure, holding a higher position than Esdeath. Clad in heavy armor, making his way into the room, standing tall and walking high and mighty with a stern glare.

???: "Everybody. Don't panic. You're supposed to be the best people we've got."

Political Leaders: "Oooh! Great General Budo!"