24| Dark Clouds

Shortly after the large explosion he caused by his Teigu, Bols could be seen walking away from the canyon area. He then looked down towards his hand, the detonator he used to trigger the explosion being held there.

Bols: "Looks like I got away... That wasn't a very fair thing to do to Wall... And Kurome too... I hope they're all right..."

Flashback, Bols's Memories

In the Imperial Palace, the masked man wandered into Esdeath's office to inform her that their dinner was ready. However, he was caught off guard when Esdeath had turned her head around to look at him, asking a question that concerned him a bit, something that he wished to keep to himself.

Esdeath: "Hey, Bols? How come you always make dinner, but then you never come to eat with us?"

Bols: (looks down) "...Well, it's because of my very hideous face... I'd spoil everyone's appetite."

Esdeath: (mischievous grin) "Oh-ho? So you don't want to show your face. That makes me want to see it even more.

Bols: "Wait... Commander...!?"

The blue-haired general had gotten from her seat and marched towards her subordinate. Bols had raised his arms up and began to flail them around, trying to prevent Esdeath from taking off his mask.

Alas, it was inevitable. Because she had the quicker reflexes, she was able to snatch it faster than he could grab her arm. Once Esdeath got a good look at his face, she smiled a bit, letting out a small chuckle as she made her way to the door.

Esdeath: "Come on, it's not that bad... I'm disappointed, Bols."

Bols: "...Huh?"

Esdeath: "Nobody's going to mind your face. Now go eat with everyone."

Esdeath then opened the door to the dining room, the two of them seeing the rest of the Jaegers eating as they talked with joy. Wave was the first to look over to the opened door.

Then everyone one looked up from their own dishes, minus Seryu as she was currently stopping Koro from eating her dinner

Then everyone one looked up from their own dishes, minus Seryu as she was currently stopping Koro from eating her dinner. They didn't look discouraged, nor disgusted, nor horrified of Bols's face.

In fact, they all just smiled at him. Bols couldn't help but smile as well, both him and Esdeath walking to the table to join them.

Flashback End

Bols: "...I hope... I get to... Eat with everyone again..."

Just as Bols was beginning to walk back to the Romari Highway, he heard crying. It was the voice of a little girl.

Turning his head to where he heard it, he sees the little crying, leaning up against a tree. She had an injury on her leg. Bols then walked up to her, concerned.