38| Endless Bloodlust

It had been quite some time since Tatsumi and Lubbock had returned from their reconnaissance in the Empire. Nothing to be seemed out of the ordinary for the moment, but at this point, it was getting way too long since they've been back.

Everyone at the current moment were left to their own devices. Though Mine was quite angsty and nervous, due to the fact that she hadn't heard or seen anything from Tatsumi. In the lounge room, Akame and Akira were currently relaxing with each other. The ravenette had her boyfriend's head resting on her lap, his eyes closed as he just listened to the hum of her voice, Akame humming to herself lightly. She ran her hand through his black hair, casually playing with it as the wolf companion of his was sitting next to her, curled up into a ball.

As Akira continued to enjoy the spoiled treatment he was receiving from Akame, he still found it puzzled that he hadn't heard anything from the other two boys. In fact, it was oddly strange, considering Tatsumi was quite on top of things when it came to reporting things in.

Lifting himself up from his comfortable lap pillow, he sat up straight, Akame looking at him confusedly.

Akame: "Akira?"

Akira: "Hmm?"

Akame: "Is something wrong?"

Akira: "No... Not really. Just need to check something real quick."

Akame: "I can come with you if you'd like."

He shook his head and smiled down at her, leaning down as he kissed her forehead. She blushed as she looked away a bit.

Akira: "Don't worry. It's just something small. I'll be back in a few."

Akame: "O-Okay. Stay safe."

Akira: "I will."

Before leaving, he quickly pecked her lips and headed back to their room. Retrieving his things and throwing on his cloak, he left the base and headed for the Capital. He instructed Fenrir to stay by Akame's side, knowing he'll need the help later on in the oncoming battle, but to also keep her safe.

Just outside the Capital's gates, Akira slipped on his hood. It was time for him to do some investigating himself.

---

Back in the Capital, Lubbock and Tatsumi had been found out, Syura having transported them to the palace using his Teigu

Back in the Capital, Lubbock and Tatsumi had been found out, Syura having transported them to the palace using his Teigu. Encased in Incursio, the brown-haired teen began to survey his surroundings.

Surrounded by the remnants of Wild Hunt, Great General Budo, some Imperial soldiers, and Esdeath was nearby as well. This was a sticky and unfortunate situation indeed. Syura then looked to Budo and Esdeath, pointing to Tatsumi in the process.

Syura: "He, you two! This guy's with Night Raid! We caught him alive so he'll give us intel on his friends! Then we'll kill him!"

The two stayed silent.