12| Kill The Bandits

Jaegers's Strategy Room...

Esdeath: "I'm sure you're aware of the bandit stronghold that's recently been erected in Lake Gyogan."

In the Capital's palace, the Jaegers were currently in their strategy room. Esdeath stood in front of her team with her hands on a table with a map, the icy general pointing in the general area of the bandit stronghold. The rest of the Jaegers were looking down at it.

Seryu: "Of course. Bad guys from the outskirts of the Capital have been flocking there."

Esdeath: "Hmm. Since we don't know where Night Raid is, we'll have to put that matter on the back burner. First, we'll crush the enemy we can see."

Bols: "And if the enemy surrenders, what do we do?"

Esdeath: "Surrender is what the weak do... And it's the natural law of the world that the weak are picked off."

Seryu: (giggles joyfully) "The chance to go out and massacre all the bad guys I want

Seryu: (giggles joyfully) "The chance to go out and massacre all the bad guys I want... Makes me... So glad I joined this squad."

Esdeath: "Exterminate them to your heart's content."

Seryu: "I will!"

Wave/Tatsumi: (thoughts) 'What kind of conversation is this...!?'

Esdeath: "Before we deploy, listen up. I want each of you to take down at least a dozen of these men. This is the only kind of work we will be doing from now on. You're ready for it, I trust?"

Bols: "...I'm a soldier. I will follow my orders. And somebody... Has to do this job.

 Has to do this job

Kurome: "Likewise. I carry out my missions without objection. I always have and I always will."

Wave: (looks down and clutches Teigu) "I... Owe my life to a guy in the navy... When I asked how I could ever repay him... He told me to work my hardest for the country... So I'm going to do it! Even if it costs me my life!"

Run: (dusts book off) "In order to grant a certain wish... I want to advance in the world. And to do that, I must perform an act of distinguished service. I may not look it, but I'm overflowing with zeal."