50| Assault On The Capital

The day of the final battle had arrived

Atop the great walls of the Capital, Esdeath had leaned forward, next to her was Suzuka, who was kneeling forward to get a better look at the lay of the land. Esdeath simply grinned, her hands on her hips as she could see the Revolutionary Army gathered in the far back, mobilizing themselves. She could see cannons lining the front, the soldiers loading them up with cannonballs.

Just below the two, at the base of the wall were Esdeath's ice cavalry.

Esdeath: "Enemies as far as the eye can see... How marvelous."

Suzuka: "They mean to surround us on all sides."

Esdeath: "Until my ice cavalry intercepts them."

Likewise, the cannons in the interior of the walls were being loaded up by Imperial soldiers. Seconds later, explosions and booming noises ring throughout the air, both sides firing their cannons, great zooming black balls of stone being launched and hurled to the opposing sides. Esdeath blushed in amusement, Suzuka looking at the icy general with a blush herself.

Esdeath: "Look! They've launched cannonballs at us by way of greeting!"

Suzuka: (thoughts) 'She looks so happy...'

Esdeath: "Now, then..." (snaps fingers) "How about some fireworks to kick off the battle!?"

After snapping her fingers, ice shards and flurry-like objects appear on her wrist. Using her ability to manipulate ice at will, Esdeath used this technique of hers to float in the air. To counter the cannonballs that hadn't struck the wall and were making their way towards her, Esdeath created multiple ice spikes, sending them all forward. They collided with the cannonballs, the shards of ice doing enough to stop them in their tracks as they exploded in midair.

Smoke and ice mist mixed together as they all kept on colliding. From the Revolutionary Army front, the soldiers' mouths were all agape, seeing as their weaponry were stopped by mere ice shards.

 From the Revolutionary Army front, the soldiers' mouths were all agape, seeing as their weaponry were stopped by mere ice shards