32| Rest And Comfort

Imperial Capital, Main Street

The beautiful white snow continued to fall down onto the Capital, the roof of the buildings soon being covered in a blanket of white. Wave and Kurome were currently out and about, not on duty or doing any Jaeger tasks. The two were by a coffee shop, the black-haired girl sipping on some coffee.

Wave was staring aimlessly at the sky. Despite everything that has been happening, everything was still relatively peaceful and calm.

Wave: (sips coffee) "The city still feels peaceful, all things considered."

Kurome: "...Yeah."

Wave: "...Hey. How long are you going to stay down in the dumps, Kurome?"

Kurome: "I can't help it. I was useless when it really mattered."

Wave: (sigh) "It's true we failed our mission. But that's why the Captain said it's not the subjugation of the invaders we have to worry about, but protecting the Capital." (pushes plate towards her) "Here, I'll give you my slice of cake!"

She instantly lit up. Kurome then smiled.

Kurome: "...You're right. You were blown away by the enemy twice, but got back on your feet, so I should be able to!"

Wave: "R-Right."

The man of the sea felt like he was stabbed, the words that left her mouth impaling him in the chest.

Kurome: "And I'll need to fuel up if I'm gonna bounce back...!"

Now gaining a cheerful and happy expression, Kurome took the fork that was on the blade and cut a small portion off the cake. She then put it in her mouth, chewing on it as a look of joy spread onto her face. She was enjoying it, Wave couldn't help but smile. 

Crossing his arms in satisfaction, he turned to look at his left

Crossing his arms in satisfaction, he turned to look at his left. There seemed to be a commotion going on, but it wasn't one that was disrupting the peace. People seemed to be gathered around something or someone. But Wave noticed someone just standing behind the crowd.

It was Run.

He seemed to be staring at a clown. Very intently. Getting up from his seat, Wave made his way towards him, his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

Wave: "What's up, Run? You have a thing for street performances?"

However, when he looked at the blonde's face, Wave's eyes had widened. Run's eyes were completely dull, a cold look on his face as he continued to stare at the clown. A dark, and angry look could be seen hidden in them.

 A dark, and angry look could be seen hidden in them