29| A Losing Battle

Night Raid had been split into two teams.

Tatsumi, Najenda, Susanoo, and Leone were apart of the distraction team, which was meant to lure Esdeath out into the cathedral's courtyard so they could face her there. However, that strategy didn't seem to work, leading them to enter the cathedral themselves and face her there. But, they were all nearly defeated.

With Leone and the other two on the floor, Tatsumi was left to fight Esdeath himself. Standing there, clad in Incursio's armor and in a fighting stance, he stood across from Esdeath. The icy general, however, stood there calmly, gripping her sword tightly while dipping her cap down, an aura of murderous intent leaking out of her.

Tatsumi: (thoughts) 'So this is the overpowering pressure of the Empire's strongest human being... She's not giving me an iota of an opening... How am I supposed to fight her!?'

Esdeath: (thoughts) '...That's odd. It'll be hard to attack him. No, it's not that... It's more that...I don't want to...? He's leaving himself plenty open though. This is a first for me. Who is he...?'

There was a slight hesitance to Esdeath, unsure of why she didn't want to attack the Incursio user. Of course, it was unknown to her that the Incursio user is no longer Bulat as the key to the Teigu had fallen into the hands of Tatsumi, who had accepted it after his friend and mentor had died.

 Of course, it was unknown to her that the Incursio user is no longer Bulat as the key to the Teigu had fallen into the hands of Tatsumi, who had accepted it after his friend and mentor had died

With the other group, the attack group meant to assassinate Bolic, they were at a stand still. Akira was currently hovering Akame, making sure she was alright. In the treeline, Mine had Pumpkin at the ready as she aimed it at Wave, who was entangled in a brawl with Lubbock. The man of the sea let out a battle cry as he leapt into the air and charged his fist down, Lubbock jumping back as the fist misses him, striking the ground as a crater appears under Wave's fist. But the blue-haired man responds quick, doing a sweeping kick and hitting Lubbock's leg, causing him to fall onto his back.

Twisting his body, Wave then uses his other leg and thrusts it upwards, landing and hitting Lubbock's gut. While the green-haired assassin was sent flying, the two former assassins of the Empire had rushed forward while his back was faced towards them, Akira holding onto Gin's sword tightly with Akame holding Murasame with her own tight grip.

However, Wave anticipated this, feeling the two's aura of killing intent heading towards him. He simply raised his armored arm and blocks their sword strikes. Swerving himself around, Wave deflects the blades off him and begins to repeatedly thrust his fists forward, unleashing a barrage on the two. But both Akame and Akira had quick reflexes, the two easily able to dodge such strikes. As the three were tangled in their skirmish, Mine gritted her teeth in frustration from the treeline. Wave's attention was focused on his current opponents, but he didn't forget about the sniper that lied wait in the shadows. He was keeping great watch for when Mine would fire a shot.

Wave would then punch from the side, Akame trying to lean back and dodge it. But his punch had just grazed her, ripping the clothing off of her stomach area and inflicting a bit of damage, making her let out a small grunt. On Akira's end, he wasn't able to get a strike in or a slash with his blade, Wave's defense was well put. The blue-eyed teen raised his sword above his head, but it proved to be a mistake, Wave responding quickly as he raised his foot and kicked him in his gut.