31| Enter, Wild Hunt

Just a small chapter to introduce another group Night Raid will have to fight. Nothing too special.

---

It had been three months after the assassination of Bolic of the Path of Peace. There was a faction within the religious organization that had been formed in order to stage an armed revolt, believing that setting themselves against the country responsible for such suffering was the right thing to do. Attacking numerous warehouses and viceroys and government officials that enforced heavy taxes, it seemed that they were making themselves known aside from the Revolutionary Army and Night Raid.

The religion's leader had disagreed with this and wished for no blood to be shed, but he bent his ears to the convincing argument that was being made by his executive team. They had made a fair point, the leader would need more land and provisions in order to provide for his growing flock of people. In response to the fresh turmoil, the vast majority of the oppressed citizens had decided to join the chaos, the scope of the revolt spreading to every corner of the Empire.

 In response to the fresh turmoil, the vast majority of the oppressed citizens had decided to join the chaos, the scope of the revolt spreading to every corner of the Empire

During this same time, waiting for an opportunity to present themselves, the western tribes had mounted a massive invasion against the Empire. The Empire's soldiers weren't ready nor prepared for this, suffering many defeats, the invaders pouring in. 

The ruling power at the Capital began to grow concerned for the state of the Empire. Both internal and external. And it didn't help that a frigid winter had graced the land.

---

Imperial Capital, Palace Courtyard

Prime Minster Honest and the young emperor of the Empire were in the palace's courtyard. A cold chill filled the air as a great cold of the winter had come upon the land. The young emperor knelt in front of a pond that once contained fish, now gone due to the cold air.

Emperor: "Minister? I heard that our army has once again fallen at the hands of the western invaders. ...Are we going to be okay?" (sigh) "The enemy's just so big."

Honest: (chuckles) "Now, now. Who told you such things, Your Highness?"

Emperor: "Seigi, the Administer of Domestic Affairs."

Honest: (sly grin) "I see... Well, it sounds to me as if Seigi is shirking his duties."

Emperor: (tilts head) "What do you mean?"

Honest: (sniffles due to cold) "He is responsible for dealing with the uprisings plaguing our Empire right now. Feeding you unfounded lies about the invaders only misleads you." (grins down at the boy) "Don't you worry about the enemy. I've already summoned General Esdeath and her unit."

Emperor: "Oooh! In that case!"

Honest: "Yes. General Esdeath will surely drive back the invading enemy. Their numbers are of no consequence."