48| Blissful Celebration

The battle between the two sisters was now over. Wave was holding Kurome bridal style, who had cuddled up into his chest, leaning her face into his neck. Yatsufusa's shards were at the feet of both Akira and Akame.

Wave: "We're going far away from the Capital."

Akira: "The most logical answer there is."

Akame: "Yes. We'll make it look like Incursio smashed you into pieces. We'll use the shattered Yatsufusa as proof. Once the Empire hears the story, you'll truly be free."

Wave: (nods) "I'm grateful to you."

Tatsumi: "Hey, you gonna be okay using two Teigu?"

Akira: "Indeed. There was another iron clad rule that forbids the user from using two Teigu at once as it requires an unnatural amount of mental energy to use."

Wave: "It's nothing you need to worry about. My body hurts like the dickens, but... That's as far as it goes. Looks like I'll have to make up for the fact that I'm not as powered up as you." (thoughts) 'Maybe that's... All thanks to Run...'

The blue-haired man turned his head around slightly. Briefly after the battle, they buried Run's body so he could properly rest. He soon returned his gaze back to Akame, who stood by with Akira while she held an appreciative smile.

Akame: "You're amazing, Wave. You saved my little sister."

Wave: "You're the amazing ones, for fighting with such conviction. We're just bailing."

Akame: "You have my thanks. Take care of my little sister."

Wave: "Leave it to me. That's all I'm going to live for."

Kurome: "Sis..."

The black-haired girl had outreached her hand, but she was weak due to the battle having sapped much of her energy. But even still, she wished to hold her sister one last time before she left.

Akame could see this, turning her head around to look at her partner. Akira got the gesture, gently pushing her forward as Akame made her way to her younger sister, then grasping her hand.

Akame: "You've got a good friend, Kurome."

Kurome: (nods softly) "When I'm reborn... I hope to get to be your little sister again."

The ravenette had paused and stood there for a moment. She didn't wish for her sister to speak like that, to speak of such things. However, Kurome doesn't have much time left, and would soon die if she didn't make it to the springs. But she had faith in Wave that they would get there in time, the older sister smiling softly as she nodded, squeezing Kurome's hand, soon nuzzling her own face against hers.

 But she had faith in Wave that they would get there in time, the older sister smiling softly as she nodded, squeezing Kurome's hand, soon nuzzling her own face against hers