6| "Absolute Justice"

Any fanart used in this book are not owned by me. The art above belongs to croissantlune on Devianart.

---

In the Capital, Imperial Palace

Imperial Soldier: "Reporting, sir. General Nakakaido and General Hemi... Have  both deserted us and joined sides with the Rebel Army!"

Murmurs in the Royal Hall of the Imperial Palace began to run amok. The various political figures and advisors of the king began to discuss among themselves.

Political Figure 1: "General Nakakaido was a pro at war..."

Political Figure 2: "The Rebel Army is amassing a frightening strenght..."

Political Figure 3: "If we don't act fast, the Capital..."

King: "Order!"

Everyone in the room looked to the sudden booming voice, which came from their king. But their king was nothing but a child on the throne, the real person controlling everything was the person beside him. Prime Minister Honest.

King: "They're far down south from us... We can deal with them any time! Let the Rebels gather. That'll make it all easier to wipe them out in one go!" (looks to Honest with a smile) "That should do, right, Minister?"

Honest: "Heh heh heh. Very good, your Majesty. You always keep calm. Rather than some far off Rebel Army... We have a bigger problem at hand." (munching on meat) "The Captain of the guard is dead. My distant relative, Iokal, got killed! The Executioner was also defeated by Night Raid and seized his Teigu! They're getting away with everything! It's so unsettling, I've put on weight...!"

King: "What about that one tribe? The experts sniffing out their hideout?"

Honest: "I lost contact with them. I think they were wiped out back in Chapter 2."

King: (confused) "Chapter 2?"

(A/N): No, this was actually in the manga. No joke.

Honest: (continues to munch on meat) "Even a mild-tempered man like me can't hold back his anger over this! Contact General Esdeath who subjugated the North... And bring her to the Capital."

The crowd erupted into a gasp. 

Political Figure 1: "B-But the Capital already has Commander-In-Chief Budo!"

Honest: "The Commander-In-Chief has too much pride to go on some rat-hunt."

King: "Esdeath, huh... She's as great a hero as Budo. It should be fine! She's a woman of ice who buried 400,000 tribe members alive!"

Honest: "Before she arrives, tell our pathetic excuse for a garrison to buck up! I don't even care if they captured them alive or dead!" (crazed look) "We're going to hunt down that gang... And finish every last one of them!"

---

Imperial Capital, Night, Red-light District...

Akira: (deadpan) "You two are late."

Leone: (laughs) "Sorry!~ We ran into a bit of trouble!"

Akira sighed as he looked back into the streets of the red-light district of the Capital. Close to the slums, this area was a haven for brothels, drug dealings, and sort of shady things.

At the current moment, Leone and Tatsumi had met up with Akira at the meeting place for their assignment. The three of them were staring across into the night sky, overlooking the district's streets.

 The three of them were staring across into the night sky, overlooking the district's streets