45| Kill The Past

Akira was waiting in a small clearing, sitting on a small rock as he tossed a stick away from him. He did this to pass the time, entertaining Fenrir as he waited for Akame.

His wolf companion would happily bark, running after the stick and picking it up with it's mouth, then coming back to it's master and setting it down in front of him. Akira smiled and laughed a bit as he picked the stick back up again and tossed it away, Fenrir barking once more as he chased after it. However, he frowned. It was unlike Akame for her to take this long when executing a mission, Akira knowing full well that she was always one to execute and finish it quickly.

As he continued to wait for her, he heard footsteps heading his way. Instantly on alert, he stood up and created an ice blade in his hands. But once he saw who it was, he relaxed and let the ice sword dissipate.

Akira: "Hey, took you a while. I was starting to--"

He was soon cut off, Akame having walked up and hugged him. She hid her face in his shoulder, the boy slightly stunned before his expression relaxed, beginning to wrap his arms around her as he held her tightly.

Akira: "...What's wrong?"

Akame: "..."

Akira: "Well, judging by the expression on your face when you walked in, I'm assuming you talked to someone, right?"

He felt a slight nod. Akira let out a small hum, soon moving one of his hands up to the back of her head, running his fingers through some strands of her hair.

Akira: "And I can assume it pertains to Kurome, correct?"

He felt a nod again. He then sighed, knowing what she meant and what she'd been planning.

Akira: "So it's getting close to that time, huh? The part where... You two settle things... Do you want to stay here for a little while?"

She said nothing, nor did she nod. But, he could tell that she wished to stay here for a bit longer. And so they continued to stay there just a bit longer, in each other's presence.

---

Wave arrived back at the palace, deactivating his armor as the smoke around him began to clear, revealing back in his usual appearance. He hears hurried footsteps coming toward him, seeing it was his teammate.

She was panting heavily, having run from across the other side of the palace.

Wave: "Kurome..."

Kurome: "They're in the palace! They must be barbarians who survived from the northern tribe."

Wave: (thoughts) 'Why would barbarians come at a time like this? Probably because the Empire looks to be on the verge of collapse. And they want to make sure they have their revenge first...? What a pushy bunch. I can't believe even they got into the palace.'

While the man of the sea was in his inner thoughts, Kurome began to undo his jacket and then his shirt. She had done this without warning, Wave realizing his upper clothing had been discarded and he now began to back away in shock while blushing and covering his torso.

 She had done this without warning, Wave realizing his upper clothing had been discarded and he now began to back away in shock while blushing and covering his torso