5| Unreal Fantasy

This chapter is much shorter than the previous ones as this chapter's beginning section was mostly about Tatsumi and him learning about Sheele's past. If you've read the manga and watched the anime, then that section shouldn't be a surprise.

So because there wasn't much to include Akira in, I decided I'll continue onward with the rest of the manga chapter for this chapter here. Anyway, hope you all enjoy it.

---

Moments After Zanku's Death...

Just after he killed Zanku, Akira had turned around and lunged his arm forward, grabbing Akame's neck. Akame could feel her air pipe being cut off, oxygen no longer being supplied into her lungs.

She looked shocked as Akira glared at her, his grip on her neck being tightened.

Akira: "Why did you stop me?"

Akame: "I-I..."

Akira: "Don't act like you know me. I don't know you. Stand in my way again, I'll kill you. Got it?"

The red-eyed girl nodded, Akira letting go of her neck as he began to walk back in the direction of Night Raid's base. As Akira called his wolf over to him, he failed to see the tears prickling in Akame's eyes.

Never has she seen him snap at him like that. At this point, she shouldn't be surprised. He doesn't have any recollection of who he once was, so in his view, he was right. He didn't know her. But it didn't change the fact that the words that left his mouth are what hurt her the most.

Present Day, Few Days After Zanku's Death...

A few days after Zanku's death, they had retrieved his Teigu, Spectator. And during this time, Najenda had Akira explain the functions of his Teigu and what's it's abilities. Considering he's employed to Night Raid at the moment, he complied, writing all the information of Harvester into their codex filled with Teigu information.

At the current moment, all of Night Raid were in the meeting room. As per usual, Najenda sat in her chair and Akira was at his normal spot by the wall, leaning up against it. Fenrir sat next to his master, happily panting and wagging it's tail. While everyone was in their normal spots for the most part, Akame was a bit further away from her former partner. The words he told her that night had still affected her.

Najenda: "Tatsumi. Your wounds should be healed by now. So that Teigu we seized from Zanku, we're going to give it to you."

Tatsumi: (grins excitedly) "Wow! You sure!? What about everyone else!?"

Bulat: "One Teigu per person."

Lubbock: "Because they take so much physical and psychological strength."

Akira: "You should know that a Teigu's first impressions is what also affects the compatibility with the user. Keep that in mind."

Tatsumi: "Got it!" (thoughts) 'It's not very good looking, but... This eye... Is powerful...'

'