27| Preparations

I've decided to skip the fight between Seryu, Suzuka, Tatsumi, and Mine. There really wouldn't have been any reason to put Akira in throughout the battle, unless it was a Mine x Male Reader/OC where I would replace Tatsumi with said character.

Anyway, proceeding onward with the story. But also... What the fuck are with these timeskips?

---

(A/N): Just ignore Mine in the picture. In the original manga, she would've shared the room with her, but we need some more fluff with icy boi, so I made minor changes to the scene. Again, just imagine it's Akira in the picture instead of Mine.

It had been a month since Tatsumi and Mine had a run-in with Jaeger member, Seryu Ubiquitous, and the last Rakshasa Demon, Suzuka

It had been a month since Tatsumi and Mine had a run-in with Jaeger member, Seryu Ubiquitous, and the last Rakshasa Demon, Suzuka. They were victorious, but not after suffering a few more injuries, which had a few set back in their plans, so they waited for them to rest up and heal before they could continue on with their mission.

But it seemed that the fated day was just a few days away, a new morning had blessed the city of Kyoroch. In her shared room with Akira, Akame woke up with a yawn as she looked out the window, the wind flowing in as the bright sun shined through and rose up on the horizon.

Akame: (thoughts) 'It's morning... I'm hungry...'

Light snoring could be heard as she looked down, Akame smiling to herself as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. Below her was her familiar boyfriend, sleeping the morning away as a small smile was present on his features.

Akame: (thoughts) 'He must be having a pleasant dream... I suppose I can sleep in for a few more hours.'

Deciding not to get up, she descended her form down and lied next to him, wrapping an arm around his torso as she closed her eyes and listened to his steady breaths. She laid her head down onto his chest to listen to his heart beat, it beating slowly and calmly.

For the first time in many days since their skirmish on the Romari Highway, she felt at peace. Akame had hoped that this peaceful feeling would last long. Forever, even. But unfortunately, that wasn't the case as their mission would be commencing soon.

---

Finally up, Akame and Akira met up front of their rented house with Susanoo, Lubbock, and Tatsumi.

Tatsumi: (leaning Incursio's Key on his shoulder) "Well, we're off."

Susanoo: (advising tone) "Steer clear of the cathedral. Word has it they've tightened security around it."

Lubbock: "Yeah, yeah. Without a plan, we can't even get near it."

"