30| Not Without Sacrifice

With a large grin on his face, Bolic sat up while laughing

With a large grin on his face, Bolic sat up while laughing. Esdeath's previous grin fell off her face as she put on an annoyed expression.

Bolic: "That's the General Esdeath I know! You took out every last assassin! Those pitiful thieves didn't know what they were getting into when they thought they could take me out! Fools! Scum of the earth! Serves them right!"

Ignoring whatever Bolic was spouting, his nonsense meaning nothing to her, Esdeath turned her attention to the Incursio user. Tatsumi was still vulnerable, unconscious and rendered immobile. She began walking towards him, an eager feeling within her as she wishes to unmask him.

Esdeath: "I can't help but wonder... Now. Let's see who's under the mask."

Seeing that Esdeath was no longer listening to him, Bolic sighed. However, his demeanor quickly lightened up as he turned to the wounded Leone. He licked his lips in eagerness, his eyes showing a predatory nature as he gazed at her voluptuous body. Bolic begins to happily skip in her direction.

Bolic: (thoughts) 'Now then... I'm going to teach that lovely young lady a lesson or two in love...'

Kurome: "Don't go by yourself." (grunts in pain while holding neck wound) 'Kuh... That wound that girl gave me is acting up again... I can't believe one measly little needle prick is causing me this much pain...'

Before Esdeath could even begin to pull on the face plate of Tatsumi's mask, the glass roof above them broke and shattered. From above, Mine and Akame were descending down, finally entering the fray.

 From above, Mine and Akame were descending down, finally entering the fray

Esdeath: "New players joining this late in the game!?"

Mine: "Pumpkin!"

Landing on the cathedral's marble floor, Mine raised up her Teigu. The icy general of the Empire had prepared a large ice chunk for them, beginning to send it towards them. But thanks to the added danger, it increased Pumpkin's firepower and Mine pulled the trigger, a large blast of spiritual energy leaving it's barrel.

Obliterating the giant ice projectile, the small ice dust scattered throughout the air. Akame took in her surroundings made her decision. Ignoring her anger towards Esdeath, she heads straight for her target, instantly dashing for him.