36| Moving On

A short chapter, wanted to get something out at least. Apologies if it is shorter than usual.

If you've read my previous announcement, I am going on a hiatus for who knows for how long, but I will probably do random updates here and there. But no promises on that, though, so please don't expect much and be patient for when chapters return on a regular (sort of) basis.

---

In the west, Esdeath's Camp

West of the Capital, General Esdeath of the Imperial Army was sent to quell the various rebellions caused here, along with dealing some bandit problems. 

Currently, some of her soldiers were relaxing as they had went through a long day of fighting. A large pot was in front of them as it contained a variety of contents and food, the fire below it keeping it warm as the soldiers would come and go to collect their servings. As one of them shoveled a spoonful into their mouth, a man riding a dragon came in.

Messenger: "A message from the Capital! Where's General Esdeath!?"

Soldier 1: (mutters to himself) "They seem to be in an awful hurry." (clears throat) "Uuuhh... Where's the general supposed to be tonight again?"

Soldier 2: "Probably with the Yarshes Unit. This way, please."

One of the begins to lead the messenger and his unit towards Esdeath.

Messenger: "Doesn't the general have her own tent?"

Soldier: "Here, the general eats with the soldiers."

The messenger was surprised to hear this. Most generals he's met in the army either ate in their personal quarters or in their own personal tent when out in the field. But Esdeath was different, the blue-haired woman wanting to keep the morale high.

Esdeath would soon come into view, the messenger and his unit looking on in amazement. Esdeath was currently talking to her men, a smile on her face as they ate and laughed. 

Messenger: "Ohh

Messenger: "Ohh..."

Soldier 2: (smug) "You see, our unit isn't just a bunch of war hungry brutes. We talk to each other."

Messenger: (thoughts) 'Yet I've heard that men die during her training... This must be the balance behind her army's strength...!'

The blue-haired woman would soon notice the messenger standing there, now gesturing for him to come over. Doing as he was told, the messenger walks up to Esdeath and hands her a document of sorts.

She quickly skimmed through it.

Esdeath: "This is a surprise. An order to return to the Capital immediately... But isn't Budo already with them?"

Messenger: "It seems there's some unrest in the northeast. They wish for your immediate return. Your success in pressing the barbarians from the west this far is already more than enough."