22: The Slaves

Inside the door is a prison. So much noise can be heard, but it is indistinguishable.

There's wailing and screams, pleads, laughter that is full of madness and many different sounds.

After stepping inside, the door in the back closed. The noise becomes loud, it is like whispering in your ears.

I didn't care and only observes the surrounding.

I saw Eram in my peripheral vision and he is shaking. Although it can be seen in his face, the mood in his surroundings is terrifying.

Like he is angry.

There is also that hard grip on his rapier. He didn't even care to look around and only put his gaze on the front.

His mask expression is solemn.

"I'll go first!"

He didn't even bat an eye on me, and immediately run forward. I didn't stop him, I am curious about the prisoners.

I walk to the side and peek inside the bar. Inside is a little kid who has beast ears, furs and a tail. A tiger.

His eyes are out of focus and he keeps muttering about something.

On his side is a woman who looks like his mother, her eyes are devoid of life but her breathing is still there.

She is stroking the little tiger, she is a tiger too but you can see that she's a beautiful one.

I peek in the next bar, inside is a group of mermaids and mermen. They're in an aquarium but the water is dirty. It is also a cramped one.

About 20 or more mermaids and mermen.

Although have space but is limited. There are also scales on the ground, blood and more that look dry.

In the third bar, there are humans and elves. Their necks have a choker and chains, but all of them are adults and all are naked.

They look like puppets that are exhausted.

There are even babies in the corner, the notable part is only the elves are female and humans are all male. It is the same, their eyes are devoid of life and some are screaming.

The babies are crying.

It is so loud, on the other side of the jail are other prisoners. Some creatures have wings, some are in the beast form.

It is the shapeshifter one, and the hybrid of a wingman. There are even wings that are broken, and blood is dripping everywhere.

It is a lake of blood, the stench is strong. I can't smell it before 'cause my skill filtered it but when I focus, It is strong enough to make someone puke.

There are also unidentified creatures, no it is not unidentified. It is a chimaera.

Their body parts are part of monsters.

There are also traces of stitches.

A gruesome sight, someone crawls in front of me and said in a hopeful tone.

"Help me!"

I didn't reply and someone only keeps repeating the plead. His hands didn't dare to touch the bar and only kneels with his head bowed on the ground inside the bar.

It is directed to me.

When his voice echoed, more and more creatures crawled. The pleading is becoming loud and loud that it echoes.

Screams are everywhere.

More and more indistinguishable noises can be heard. I don't answer and only walk away, but they still plead.

"The devil is here!"

When that statement is heard, a silence descends. Then an intense pleading and prayers placed the noise.

"Please not me!"

"I didn't do anything, I am good"

"Please don't choose me!"

"Please not me Ahhhhhh"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh"

Wailings and cries replaced the noise again. It is like a cycle. I am already at the end of the place. In the end, is a sign.

"EACH SLAVE ARE UNIQUE, SOME OF THEM ARE MY MASTERPIECE AND SOME ARE A FAILED PRODUCT.

PUT YOUR OFFER IN THE BASKET BELOW AND I'LL GIVE YOU ONE.

THEY'RE LOYAL AND YOU ONLY NEED TO FEED THEM. HAPPY TRANSACTION"

If others read this, they'll feel disgusted. Ciel on the other hand take it calmly, he didn't care. He is the type of person that takes the pros and cons of his every action.

My estimate is there are thousands of slaves here. There are so many, some are even kids while most are adults.

Putting the slaves aside, there are even beasts.

Monsters and beasts are different, a monster is always a monster while a beast can have a human form.

But some conditions needed to be met. A total of thousands of beasts are also in prison.

Their body parts are broken, and some are missing. Beasts' regenerative ability is fast, if you pluck their teeth they will regenerate in a day.

This is also the reason why they have a different place.

The beasts are intelligent creatures like humans, but the thing is, they're being discriminated against.

There are powerful beasts who can annihilate a country but didn't dare to move. Why?

Because there are also powerful other races that can do the same. No one wants to start a war, it is because of loss. A long preparation for a not sure win.

They fought in politics.

After contemplating what to do, I decided to give this slave a second chance. I plan to kill them so their suffering can be ended but hearing their begging.

I think they want revenge or something. It is useless.

I don't care what they want, but if they ever thought about betraying me then I'll gladly do the killing. Most of them are students, but the others are old enough that they can even be considered an elder.

The majority is deprived in their cores, it is broken. They can't cultivate, they're not useful.

That is if the others saw them, I am different.

'Start analyzing them'

«Understood»

[Analyzing the subjects...]

«it will take 3 hours since different creatures are here»

'If I remember you only took a minute when you analyze the 70 thousand summoned before?'

«It is a different matter, what I analyze on them is their only basics. What I'll do to these creatures is a whole analysis. Whether it is their behaviour, thoughts, body, and current state of their mind.

Some of them may look lifeless and gave up on their life but that is a defence mechanism. They are hiding their true thoughts and keep brainwashing their selves.

I'll also analyze them for treatment, giving the minimum work with the maximum result.»

'Oh, If it is only the basics then it means you don't know what they're up to?'

«I chose not to, it is for the better. As of now, our enemy is small or there may be none. Accumulating many enemies is not recommended but it is also not a threat.

I only do these for convenience for the master. Expanding is what master needs and not enemies.

Although I am confident that no one can discover me it is a different matter if there are unique ones. My data is still lacking and most of my functions are in a locked state.

What I do for now is only a minimum. I don't have my past memories except about myself. I need more data to accumulate on what you can call an upgrade»