8: Changes

Cin is still in the mercenary guild selling the monster's by-products. The man counting it has a deep frown on his face because it has been 2 hours and they're still not done.

After another 30 minutes more, the man sighed. Finally, they're done.

"A total of 12,328,005 gold coins"

It is a whopping 12 million gold coins, considering the quality and quantity of the product it is to be expected. They are in Beast Forest for almost 3 weeks and they are fighting monsters like mad. It is also attracting more attention as the fight gets longer that's why more and more monsters are coming and they all are exhausted but couldn't rest. Their master will only interfere if it looks like they are about to faint. The core is also high grade and pure.

After accepting the gold coins, Cin nodded and disappear.

----

The scenario that happens in the mercenary guild got spread fast. In the palace, Lager is talking to Black when the door got open and a subordinate enters, he kneeled and reports.

"Your highness, there is a healer that recently appeared in the capital. His ability is higher than healer Cora and healer Caro. I also checked if the story is true and I confirm that it is true, according to those who see it their group is consisting of 5 people, all-male. The healer is named Din, there's also a magician named Cin. As for the other two and their leaders, we didn't get their names since the Mercenary guild is strict with its information. But they say that one of them has a scythe and the other has a sword in his waist, their leader which they call master doesn't have any weapon but holds a folding fan."

"A scythe?"

"Yes, they said that it is almost like an assassin. Their leader is wearing a veil so they didn't see his face but he has white-silver hair. As for the four they are likely to appear as siblings, quadruplets, they all have the same faces but they have different symbols on their foreheads."

"What are their ages?"

"16 to 19"

"Investigate more. Inform me if they plan to enrol on the academy."

"Understood."

After the subordinate disappeared, Black appear and said "Master, I feel the power of shadow. And it seems that he got the full inheritance but I couldn't communicate to him, it seems it got severed. Someone interfere and I can't point out how did they do it. According to the scripture, Shadow is one of the most powerful dukes, his power originated from the master's power so he needs the master's approval to get the inheritance but the weird thing does not only did he get the complete inheritance, he even breaks into your shackle of control. It seems like some powerful figure interferes, that's all I can guess."

"Shadow? What's that?"

"Master has 4 dukes, it is Shadow, Curse, Death, and Soul. Shadow is specialising in gathering information, he is also the second strongest behind Curse. Curse is the strongest among the four, Curse is specialising in combat ability. Death is in command and his army. The soul which is the weakest among the four is special, he can peek not to fight. That's why according to the scripture even if Soul is the weakest in combat he is the most intelligent."

"So what you mean is, Shadow is now free? Or he got freed?"

"It is most likely the latter, you cannot forcefully get the inheritance it needs your approval but Shadow got it in other means. I don't know who helps him or I don't know if he even knows you. But you cannot make Shadow one of your dukes anymore since he is already gone. I am ashamed since I only notice now."

"Hmm" Lager is thinking deeply, then he frowns but immediately calms down. "There's nothing to do since Shadow is free. Let's find the other three before they got free too. I don't know why but I feel calm and didn't feel irritated by having someone my possession being stolen without me knowing. But I rather feel pleased. Weird. Well, let's think about them the other time."

---

According to Bin's report, there are plenty of youngsters living in the capital already. The Royal Library are open and you can read there as long as you pay the fee. 17 days and the envoy from Accra Academy will arrive here. People below the age of 23, that is the requirement only so you can enter the Academy. Bin said what he know in that short time and I organize it.

"Let's wait for Cin first."

After waiting for 2hours, Cin appear. Thus he handed the gold coins to me, I gave them 1 million each and they didn't protest. They even said they don't need money but I insist. After that, I immediately bought an estate.

The estate is large, it contains 4 rooms on the second floor and one big room on the third floor and some empty rooms that I think are for meeting or office something. There is a kitchen and dining hall on the first floor, and also a bathroom that is so large in the backyard. There's also a large field outside, like for training or something. The estate cost 5,500,000 golds. After paying I immediately rest.

I let the four do what they want. Cin cast something that covers the whole state, it is a barrier that alerts us if there is an intruder, and can even protect us. While Bin said he will gather more information. Ain started meditating in his room for Din he goes back to the mercenary guild to accept the mission.

After entering my room I lay down on the bed and started sleeping. I'm not tired, I just want to sleep for a while.

On the first floor, Cin is arranging the meats in the warehouse. He also started cleaning the house using magic. When he is done he goes to his room and checks himself in the mirror. He's still not that used to the current he, but he still accepts it. His hair is black which is so dark it is also long, then his eye is colour yellow. His skin is flawless, there are no scratches and he is excluding an aura of an extraordinary magician. This is his current self, his changes or to be exact their changes whether it is Ain, Bin and Din or me all of us change.

Not only can we fight, but our knowledge also expanded, the colourful symbol on my forehead is now light. It compliments my skin completely. I also try to study the spell that is cast in my clothes and robe but it looks only ordinary. Master is the one who cast this, it may look ordinary in appearance but I can't analyze it, this is only a 1 tier spell but I can't understand it.

Master, his appearance shook me. When we are in Logana master takes off his veil and that is the fact that I'll never forget for the rest of my life.

Silver-white hair and pure white eyes. Also, his skin tone is glowing, there's no flaw in his face, his nose is perfect for his lips it is slightly reddish. Even though the master is a boy, he is more beautiful than those girls.

I think that is also the reason why I feel so calm even though there are some girls with good features in the Mercenary Guild. Master set the standard so high that even the others look like fish. My appearance also changes, if compared to master, I think it is most likely 30%.

Well, our changes are shocking and I didn't regret that I follow the master. This is a blessing.