Is this how they act around each other?

And, How come I'm just noticing it now?

And then it comes to me, I'm jealous.

I feel an uninviting heat travel towards my cheeks as the thought sinks in. I watch the two and I suddenly want them to stop, I want this feeling to go away.

Why am I jealous?

I look away from the two, all of a sudden feeling self conscious at my thoughts and I feel ashamed.

Why am I feeling this way?

Why do I care?

I don't want to care!

Trying to distract myself, I look around me, a purple light sparking in the environment and I believe the sun is setting soon as I look at the trees growing dark from the lack of sunlight.

Am I seeing things?

I look back at my two friends, and the anger comes back at me but it seems like their banter has ended. Alex's attention has moved elsewhere as she looks beyond me. Her green eyes brighten in excitement as I hear her squeak out a word. I don't know what word though, I'm still in a faze trying to let reality settle back in me.

She waves at something. I begin to grow frustrated. What is she waving at?

I turn around harshly, ready to seize whatever she's waving at.

My senses come back and my confusion disappears as I see Sally's silhouette, her body shining as the sun hits her outline. She wears a tight jacket over a brown sweater and black tight pants, she looks like what a modern angel would look like.

I smile and everything from before goes away.

"Hey," Sally says, her face open in excitement.

Without thinking, I jump up and meet her with an embrace.

She seems surprised at the sudden contact but she doesn't show it as she hugs right back.

I smile.

We all scooch onto the round table's benches, adjusting to our new comer.

"How are you," Alex asks, her voice squeaky in wonder as if nervous to find out. Her eyes look worried to see what will happen next.

Why is she worried?

"So, ... How are you two," she begins with yet another question, her voice going high at the end, testing her limits with the topic.

Oh, this is why she's worried.

I look at Sally beside me, eyeing her but she doesn't look back.

"What do you mean," Sally asks, leaning her elbows on the table, getting closer to Alex.

I look away from Sally's side and catch Alex's gaze, I give her a smile, as if reassuring her that Sally and I are good.

Alex smiles quickly bouncing out of her worried position and she sits up straight again.

"Nothing," she yells in excitement, her eyes squeezing shut for a moment. She reopens her eyes,"I was wondering if we could like... ALL OF US GO TO MY HOUSE !!! FOR A SLEEPOVER," she says so loudly it echoes through the empty neighborhood.

I laugh instantly at her bizarre behavior.

Sally looks at me, as if realizing I'm next to her. She looks at me as if capturing my laugh for a photo or a memory, looking me in the eyes as if asking if we're okay and then she begins to laugh along.