Chapter 66 (Dom's POV)

I was in a meeting with some big shot investors that were buying out buildings all around my legal businesses. I listened to them talk a lot without saying very much. I reached for my phone and clicked to see if I had any messages. I don't. It isn't sitting right with me that I haven't heard back from Mia. I called her last night like we planned and she didn't pick up. I figured maybe things ran late with work and she didn't get around to calling me back. When I woke up with no text message of her good morning outfit I knew shit wasn't right. I texted her asking if she was okay, but I haven't heard back yet, and it's really starting to get under my skin.

I watched this asshole in front of me talk too much. I was ready to step out and call her again, instead of listening to him. I'm on the board of committees here in New York because I like being a part of choices that are made in MY city. I also make friends with high officials that're good to have in my pocket for everything else I run. I'm well connected and well informed.

We were listening to these people pitch why they were trying to buy out half a block of property, and when that was over we took a vote and I got the hell out of there.

        I sent Mia one last text, waiting between the time I drove outta here to the time I got to the Velvet Lounge, for her to respond. When she didn't, I called my sister. "Bonjour," she answered stupidly as she does. "Where's Mia?" I asked outright. "Work," she stated casually. "No shit, but is everything alright with her? She hasn't returned my calls or texts," I wasn't even going to hide why I wanna know. Sophia knows everything anyway. She's Mia's best friend now, so weirdly she knows intimate details of our relationship.

"She doesn't want to talk to you," I heard my sister say, but it took a second for the words to make sense in my head. "Why the fuck not?" My tone was becoming angry. "Because," Sophia really wanted to press my buttons. I hate when people don't just get to the fucking point. I snapped at her to tell me and she huffed in annoyance, but finally spoke up.

"Because you're an ass. Mia saw a video of you with a girl on your lap and your tongue down her throat," she told me.

        I didn't like the strange feeling in my gut when she said Mia saw that. "How?!  When?" I clenched my fist, but my mind started racing for answers. "Yesterday. Anthony posted a story and you were in the background. I showed it to her. She deserves better," she said outright. I slammed my fist on the desk I was sitting behind. "What the FUCK Sophia. Why would you fucking do that?" I snapped at her.

"BECAUSE! Mia thought you guys were like a real thing, and I didn't want to hide that from her, because she deserves better!" She defended herself. "So you just go and stick your nose in our business? What the fuck did Mia say? Tell her to answer my call," I started feeling antsy. She and I aren't even dating. How can she get mad at me for this? I said as much to my sister and she scoffed.

        "You send her gifts and fly out to come see her. You gave her mixed signals Dom and you know it! It's fucked up that you're still banging every chick that walks by," she started arguing with me. I lost it. I was so pissed off that she showed Mia that. "I see where your loyalties lie Sophia, thank you. You went and fucked everything up, now I have to do damage control. Mind your fucking business next time, and I mean it Sophia. Don't test me with this," I yelled at her. She didn't like it.

       "You shouldn't speak on loyalty, Domani, because you have none" she spat at me. "Oh fuck off," I was about to hang up, but when Sophia's pissed she's a spitfire like myself. "You fuck off! Everything I'm saying is true! You weren't loyal to Elio when you started fucking around with Mia in the first place, and then you got into Mia's head making her believe things were happening between you two, and again you weren't even loyal to her. Am I wrong?" She shouted at me.