Chapter 2

Domani De Luca's penthouse was immaculate. The first level had a 26 foot ceilinged living room with the New York skyline as its window view. There was a black slate gas fireplace which brought a type of masculinity to the space, and gracious separate kitchen and dining room. The second level apparently has a media room with wet bar, the primary master suite with dual bathroom/ dressing areas, and secondary rooms with en-suite bathrooms. 

I didn't get to actually see it yet, because Riccardo was very fidgety and kept telling me, "Mr. De Luca is a particular man. He wouldn't like you viewing or touching any of his things." I wasn't left alone here either. I felt like this Riccardo guy was my babysitter for the day. The only place I was basically allowed to touch was the living room sofa, where the two of us promptly sat down and watched several hours worth of Sex and the City.

"It's to get me in the New York mood" I told him. I used to love Carrie Bradshaw and the fashion she was known for. I wanted her life even though it wasn't always luxurious. As a kid though, living how I lived, I felt like I was made to be in that show. It was escapism, but now I'm here. I'll be living in New York. It's not something I expected.

        "Who's your favorite character?" I asked Riccardo at the complete opposite end of a very long sofa. "Samantha," he said without a second thought. "Why? Because she's a sex addict?" The man blushed and it cracked me up. "She's just strong willed and so self assured" he actually answered me seriously. Self assured...hm. I can't relate. "Is that how you are, Riccardo? Self assured?" I asked him. "I'm good at my job, but I tend to hold a nervous disposition" he gestured the so-so movement with his hand. 

"You?" He asked, just to make conversation. I smiled softly and turned back towards the giant flat screen. "I like Carrie for many reasons...she makes a lot of mistakes, but she's fabulous anyway. And I think she loves Love, even if she doesn't always know where to find it" I quietly told him. I felt him look at me, which in turn made me blush. I felt oddly vulnerable in a conversation that wasn't even meant to go very deep. 

Fictional characters on a television show.

        When we heard the ding of the elevator we both turned towards the foyer that it opens up to. Out walked my brother who I haven't seen since maybe a year and a half ago when he made an effort to come visit me in LA. Somehow he looks even more mature. Elio is undoubtedly a handsome guy. The girls went crazy for him back at school, and all my friends crushed on him. I hated it. He has the same chestnut brown hair that I do, and muted green iris's. He has deep set eyes which make his face more masculine cut than my dainty face. He's got some tattoos and a confident stance that he didn't have all those years ago before the military. 

He definitely never used to be in fitted designer suits, but here he was exiting the elevator in Giorgio Armani Italian made.

I hopped to my feet before I even realized it and started rushing towards him. He's much taller than me, but I still got my arms around his hard torso. Another thing he matured with. "Hi, oh my gosh, I missed you" I gushed. His arms came around me, and he gave my back a small rub. "Hey littles" he used his childhood nickname for me. I'm a dainty sized girl and he always called me little.

        Elio pulled me at arm's length to get a good look at me. "Shit you're getting old" he shook his head at my own matured look. I snorted and called him old. My brother led me back to the living room and told Riccardo he was free to go. He sounds like a boss, and it's so weird to me. "So, are we staying here for the week or did you just want me here until you got outta work? Are we staying somewhere else? Hotel maybe?" I tipped my head at him. 

If Dom De Luca is as particular as Riccardo says I doubt he wants us here as roomies for a week. "Nah, this is a safe, secure building. I'd rather you here" he told me. "Safe?" I asked.