Chapter 55 (Dom's POV)

I told Alessandro and Elio that I had to handle some shit in Philly. They offered to come with me, but I told them they needed to stay and run point on my important shipments. When they asked what shit I needed to handle I made some bullshit story up. Where I really am is in Boston. I'm in some middle class neighborhood in front of a seemingly random house. I had some people I know do a little bit of digging for me, and got the address I needed to come looking for him. I bought a burner phone, using it this morning to text Carlo Fiore. I'm pretending to be his naive daughter, coming home to see her sick mother. Since Carlo likes to play pretend with fake accounts I can play it his way. 

He told me he'd be home around dinner time, and 'Mia' told him she'd be coming shortly after that. He didn't even offer to pick her up at the airport. He just expects her here; he doesn't give a shit how she does it. 

I already cased-out this neighborhood for anything that might stand out to me as an issue. A house with cameras, or nosey neighbors, or cops that linger around. It's a pretty quiet street. I would've broken into the house, but I don't really feel like getting the wife involved. She's utterly useless. There's no sense mixing her into this. Instead I'm gonna catch him in his own driveway.

      I started getting antsy the longer I waited for this. I'm amped up. I've debated whether I wanted him to see who I was, or if I should stay anonymous with him. I've flip flopped a few times, so I guess we'll just see how it goes. When a beamer I know he can't afford, pulled into the short driveway, I put my hand on the door. A man at about 6 feet stepped out of the car. He's maintained himself in his age, because he's a narcissist, and full of himself I'm sure. I stepped out of my car when he did, and all I did was lean on my own car door. This got Carlo's attention and he glanced my way. I was parked in front of his house, so it's not like he'd miss me. 

"Can I help you?" He asked me, but then his eyes dropped to my car. His brows rose and he took a few steps in my direction. "Wow, isn't she a beauty?" he complimented my very expensive, very sleek car. It's like baiting a hook. I know his type. I know what a narcissist can't resist. I was in a fine suit. I myself looked impressive.

       "You think so?" I asked him. Carlo Fiore took another few steps in my direction. "How much does a thing like her go for?" He asked me. When I told him the price he whistled, then his eyes took me in. Tailored expensive suits and a pricey car. "Where do you work to afford all that?" He asked me. I chuckled. "You're welcome to come have a look," I waved him over. He walked across his lawn, and now he's standing right in front of me. I slid my hands in my pant pockets to hide the fists I had clenched. But I remained calm, smug even. 

Carlo Fiore has the brunette hair like his children, but he doesn't have their green eyes. His eyes are brown. I can see a bit of Elio's facial structure in the man's face, but that's about it. 

I watched as he ran a few fingers over the hood and rounded to the passenger side door. He leaned down to peek in. "I was thinking of getting a new car myself. That's just my wifes car" he lied about his lesser car. "With a well tailored suit like that I'm betting you can afford something like this," I tapped the roof. "I can," he lied, and puffed his chest out. "I was just about to pull off but...never mind," I waved him off. "What?" he asked me right away.

         I chuckled to myself, "I was gonna offer that you hop in. I'll take you around the block, see if you like how she rides when you go looking for new cars," I played up his own words. His eyebrows shot up at the offer. "Let's go for a ride" he agreed easily. I took my keys out and unlocked the doors. As soon as he slid in he started feeling the smooth dark leather and the clean dashboard. "How fast does she go?" He asked me, leaning slightly over. 

With him this close I wanted to bash his fucking face into the radio, but I waited. I remained calm. When the engine roared to life he loved it. I pulled away from the sidewalk and took him around the block, showing off a little bit of speed just to get him nice and hooked.