Chapter 20

Kristoff was in a short sleeved button down, buttoned all the way up to the neck. He still has that snake tattoo coiled around his forearm onto his bicep. It felt like something was coiled around my neck and squeezing. "Please, Kristoff, please just leave me alone," I begged him quietly. He flipped yet another page of the look book. "I'm taking back what's mine. You owe me a lot mama" he patted my leg and the hairs on my neck prickled up in full alertness. 

"I'm not yours" I gritted. "I'm going to prove otherwise," he let that threat linger for a second. I wanted to cry right now, but I had to keep it together. When Tatum came out to the waiting area he took one look at me and noticed my uncomfortable disposition. 

        "Can I help you with anything? I'm going to need my employee back. She has things to do" he saved me. I saw Kristoff lick his teeth and nod his head. "Nope, I think that's it for me. I'll be coming back to get what I want," he told Tatum, but he was really telling me. He isn't talking about tattoos. "Great, we look forward to seeing you then" Tatum remained professional. Kristoff stood up and handed him the binder. 

"What did you say your name was again?" Kristoff turned to me to fuck with me. I cleared my dry throat and said, "Mia." He nodded, "Nice to meet you, Mia." And with that he was out the door. That bastard.

        I felt sick in my gut with worry, and still with shock, honestly. I never expected to see his face again, nevermind inside my place of employment. "Are you alright? You looked a little freaked out" Tatum checked in with me. I tried shaking this, but I don't think I can. "I'm good. He was just weird' I tried to give him a half smile. Tatum rubbed my back and led me to the register. 

"If you ever feel uncomfortable with anyone in the shop all you have to do is come back here and let me know about it. I'll settle it and you can go into the back room" he kindly let me know. I thanked him, and he walked off. 

For the rest of my shift I was zoned out. A million questions were plaguing my mind and my nerves were shot. What if he's waiting for me outside? I'd received a text from Riccardo already telling me he wasn't going to be able to drive me, so I will be on my own. 

What if he's hiding out there.

-

        At closing time I lingered a little bit and chatted with the twins. I only walked outside when they did. Tatum noticed I had no car waiting for me and offered me a ride ,which I gratefully accepted right away. By the time we got to my building my phone was buzzing with a message. I'd texted my brother asking if he'd be home, so I assumed it was him responding. I was wrong. It was Kristoff and the message said, *Kristoff: Fancy.* I had no idea if he meant the place that I lived or not. 

I whipped around trying to see if I spotted him, but just ended up rushing inside the building. My gut lurched when my phone buzzed again. This time it was Elio, and he was telling me he wasn't around tonight. I wanted to cry. Another buzz from my phone had me so on edge I almost dropped it in the brightly lit lobby I was crossing. My heels echoed making it feel like footsteps were following after me. 

*Kristoff: Are you going to let me up?* He mocked me. Oh my god...is he here? I panicked. I was so freaked out that I just jumped into the penthouse elevator that needs the code. I punched it in, so he couldn't get up there even if he tried.

        When the elevator pinged I stumbled out and froze when I realized someone was in here. I stopped, and so did they. Dom and a woman whose hand he had up her dress as she leaned on the back of the sofa that isn't pushed against a wall. I was humiliated for walking in on them mid hook up. She was a tall brunette in a fancy black dress. Her hair was swept over one shoulder and the strap of her dress was already falling down. Her eyes snapped up and so did his.