Chapter 30

I didn't understand Dom when he asked me about mine. He clarified. *Dom: How does your skin look? Any tattoos I don't know about?* I smiled. This gives me a unique opportunity to show him more of my body. He asked for it. He sent a picture of his, so clearly he's insinuating I show him the same way. I set my camera up in the good lighting of my bathroom, posing for him from the neck down. I was already in my cropped tank and boy shorts set. I was going to wear it to bed. 

They were white ribbed biker shorts, but the material was soft cotton. It made my boobs look great and my flat belly was visible. I wanted my body to look good for him. I posed in front of a blank wall, and when I was satisfied with the picture I sent it with a message attached. 

*Me: Clean canvas.* I had no tattoos. My skin was looking tan and flawless in this picture. It gave me a thrill while waiting for his response to it. 

*Dom: Fuck.* I love when he swears like that because I know it's him expressing so much with just one simple word. *Dom: I want to make a mess of that canvas* he added after. My insides heated at his words. *Me: I want that too* I admitted. 

*Dom: Why do you have to have such a hot little body? My god* he responded, which means he's looking at the picture again. *Me: You don't think your body is hot? You're built like a damn greek god* I practically huffed in this message. *Dom: Italian god* He corrected me. It made me laugh.

         *Dom: Is that what you really sleep in?* He asked me. *Me: Yes.* There was a pause between our texts, but then he responded. *Dom: We can never have a sleepover then.* I smiled and bit my cheek. "Me: Why not?* I teased him. *Dom: Because if that was in front of me I would take it.* And there it was. This lingering promise that made my craving for him deeper and darker. 

*Me: I've been waiting for you to take it. You're the only one stopping that* I was sure to point it out. He seemed hesitant to answer or he was doing other things. *Dom: When Elio told me his little sister was coming to live here I did not know you would become such a problem in my life.* I read and reread those words.

I didn't like how they made me feel. *Me: You consider me a problem?* This time he didn't take long to answer. *Dom: I do.* I frowned at his words. I don't want to be a problem. It makes me sound like a nuisance. I want to be his temptation, but not his problem. I didn't even know what to say back to that. I ended up just ending the conversation there. I laid down and put on a show. I was feeling disappointed and I couldn't help it. 

        About thirty minutes later my phone screen lit up. When I checked I saw it was another message from Dom. I sighed and braced myself. *Dom: You're mad* He wasn't asking. *Me: Well, I don't really wanna be someone's problem.*

*Dom: You're a problem, Mia, because I'm about a hairline away from ruining my friendship with you brother just to have a taste of you. That's the problem* he better explained. *Me: It wouldn't ruin your friendship* I told him. Sure, Elio would be mad for a while, but they have a strong bond. I don't think it would be destroyed by this. 

*Dom: No, it absolutely would. It's code not to mess around with your buddies little sister. It's a boundary that would ruin my friendship with Elio. Remember, I have sisters too. We both talked about this in the past, that it's a hard NO to ever mess with one of each others sisters* He enlightened me. So they've talked about this.

Sure, it was hypothetically at the time, but they've specifically laid down the rules about this. I wasn't sure what to do with that information. *Me: So that's why you're fighting this so hard. You don't want to mess things up with Elio* I understand the severity of it now. 

        *Dom: He's my closest friend and he also plays an important role in my business. It would be extremely messy* he told me. I'd heard enough. A strange sadness washed over me. This really won't ever happen between us. His friendship and his business partner would be at stake. He'd never risk so much. *Me: I understand now. I won't tempt you anymore* I conceded.