Chapter 60 (Dom's POV)

I don't know what came over me today, but I was itching to see Mia. The real thing, not a photo. Maybe it's the haze of some good pussy. I don't know. Maybe it's the thrill in knowing she's forbidden territory, and yet I'm a prick and do it anyway. I just wanted the real thing. I ended up calling her without even noting the time difference at all. I was spaced out after the long argument I had with my father. I wanna get the fuck outta here for a minute. 

I called Mia intending on going to Paris, but good thing I asked, because she isn't even there. She's in London for work. Same difference. I can fly to London just as easily. I knew she'd be busy with work, but I wanted to do it anyway. My issue was Elio. 

        He was already suspicious the first time I just randomly flew to France. I said it was to check in on my sister's living arrangements, and to handle a few things for her. Mia was there, but she wasn't my reason. To fly to London I have no excuse. I don't just take vacations, and Elio knows it. I'm always working. I don't take time off. I thought about it for a little while and worked up a plan. I'm a piece of shit for lying this much to my best buddy, but I'm too far in it now anyway. What's the difference between a few times and all the time? I'm still lying both ways and still fucking his sister no matter how much.

        My plan wasn't to tell Elio I was flying anywhere. My plan was to give Elio somewhere to be. We had some business with the Mexicans operating down in South Florida for the time being. I told Elio I wanted a man I trust to go down and oversee the operation, since we don't usually deal with those guys. I even told him to bring my cousin Anthony, so the two of them could also fuck around and have a good time in Miami. It gets them off my back. 

Elio will be gone for a few days and he won't know the difference of my being in New York or somewhere else. That's how I'm handling this. Two birds with one stone anyways, because I do want my operations being overseen. I don't leave shit to chance. 

The only person who knows where I'll be is Alessandro, and that's because I know he won't tell Elio shit. They're friends, but Alessandro is loyal to me. I told him because if anything goes wrong in New York I need him knowing where I am and reaching out to me.

        I took the redeye to London on the same night I called Mia. I booked a last minute seat and since it was only 8pm in New York, my flight would leave at 11pm. It's a 7 hour flight, but with the confusion of the time difference I basically fast forward in time. I leave New York at 11 pm and arrive in London at around 11am. It can be disorienting, but this would be a short trip. I had to get there sooner rather than later. I told Mia I'd book us a room somewhere nice. She insisted the hotel she's in is paid for and nice, so I'm gonna be staying with her for the next couple nights. 

According to her, she has to run around to different designers picking up dresses, so she'll be busy most of the day. I told her I'd just come along. This way we make it more of a London adventure and less of a bullshit task. It sounds like hell to me, but she loves that kind of work. I was damn tired from the lost time overnight, barely sleeping on the flight, so I told her I'd meet her in about 2 hours. Around one is when she needs to start her task anyway. This morning she's with Cynthia doing lord knows what first. 

A two hour nap is all I need to refuel. I don't sleep much in New York anyway. A boss never sleeps.

 A boss never sleeps