Chapter 36

I received the most unexpected call today by an old friend from school back in LA. She wasn't actually from LA though. She was British and just an overall super stylish and cool girl. We'd gotten along well, though she had been a year above me and graduated and moved back to London before my senior year of school. Sammi is a fashion blogger and photographer. She's got a pretty steady following now, which I'm so happy for her. She's such a pretty girl with a unique sense of style. She wears a lot of harnesses and styles them with designer outfits, shoes and lots and lots of designer purses. Her hair is also unique to her style, dyed an ash-gray color that stands out. She wears berets often as I do, but her style is more edgy, especially with having all the tattoos she has. 

Poppy had kind of reminded me of her for that reason, though Sammi has a completely clean face and four cute freckles on the bridge of her nose. She's known as the tattooed fashionista. I really liked the girl when I'd been around her in school. She's got a pretty smile that's disarming. Sammi follows my fashion page, so of course she knew I was now living in New York City, which was why she was calling in the first place.

        Sammi's in New York for a few days and upon hearing about this I immediately told her we should meet up. Since it was a Saturday it was the perfect time to meet up because I wouldn't have work the following day. Because if I know Sammi, I know she'll want to go out. I work until 8pm, but I did something I never do and asked Tatum if I could cut out early. I explained my friend from London was only in this area for two days which he was totally understanding of, and let me off the hook super early. I decided to take Sammi to dinner at a trendy place nearby in SOHO.

 Of course she showed up in a stylish outfit. Black is her go to color though she does switch things up and wear bright pops of color sometimes. Today she was in a long sleeve crop top that settled just below her breasts, held down by a double strap accessory harness that she is well known for. Her high waisted shorts were leather which matched her leather beret and she wore Gucci black sheer tights which went perfectly with her to die for Gucci bag. Her gray hair was in a low bun with strands of hair curled in front to frame her face. She's always got nice ring accessories and things.

          For my own outfit I wore black wide leg trousers, a black cami lace crop top with a small cut out triangle between my breasts, black platform ankle strap chunky heels, with a clutch black Alexander Mcqueen bag with a studded top clip lock. I went with a burgundy lip and black rhinestone earrings since my hair was straight and parted down the middle, but combed to hang behind the ears. Oh, and a black thin leather choker necklace to tie everything together. 

When we saw each other coming from opposite ends of the sidewalk we rushed to one another leaving nothing but clicking heel sounds between us. 

"Don't you look posh" Sammi hugged me then pulled me away at arm's length to check me out. I love her British accent. It makes everything she says sound cooler. "How are you?! It's been forever" I smiled genuinely at the girl. I say I didn't leave many friends behind in LA, but I did genuinely like a few people there. I just knew that part of my life was over and moved on. Since we were right at the entrance to the restaurant we linked arms and decided to walk in to grab a table before things got too busy inside.

        "So, what's new? Tell me everything" I opened the start of our conversation once we were seated. "Same old, I'm still living in London. I do my blog and shop too much" she grinned at me. It made me laugh. "Big move for you. How do you like it here?" She looked around us, referring to New York. "My brother is here. I knew I wanted to move back to him after school, so the idea of coming here was in the back of my mind already. I think it suits me," I shrugged. 

"Abso-bloody-lutely, you look fantastic" she complimented me, which means a lot because I loved and admired her style and effortlessness. I told her I worked at a tattoo shop which she found to be so interesting. I told her I'd show her the place if we had time.