Chapter 64

I walked into Vogue this morning with an exuberant orange top, light wash jeans, and some funky zebra heels. I have the important task of babysitting a celebrity today. She's an actress known for her good sense of style. She has tons of paparazzi photos of her walking the streets in fabulous outfits. Vogue wants to do an article on her surrounding the brand who recently brought her on as a brand ambassador.

This is what Cynthia had to say about Lauren Dubois, "She is a pompous idiot, but she's popular. You must babysit the troublemaker until the interview."

        My eyes had flown wide at her blatant rude comment. Cynthia's a blunt woman though, and she doesn't sugarcoat things. I can see why some people call her unfriendly, and why Helen and Dom were surprised when she'd been chatting with me at the Dupont home. She can have an abrasive personality, but I get along with her just fine.

        Because this actress is French, I really don't know much about her. Celine, my new work buddy, told me a few whispers about her being difficult. She snuck to a computer and looked up headlines to gossip with me about. Today will be interesting I'm sure.

I have to go with the driver who's hired to pick up Lauren Dubois at the airport. I'm meant to escort her to the hotel, along with her publicist that'll be with her, and some other assistant. I'm in charge of keeping track of time. We have to make it to the interview across town from where Lauren will be staying. She requested that hotel specifically, so they had to book it, even though it's highly inconvenient. Anything for the stars I guess.

-

        When I did go to the airport, Lauren Dubois showed up with a tiny pup in her arms, about three large suitcases, and her little posse of assistants. She wore big sunglasses to hide her face, and strutted to the car like it was a fashion show. When she realized I was American she openly scowled and said she doesn't like America. I just nodded, because what the hell do you even say to a comment like that?

        We all got into the large SUV. I was in the front seat turned around so I could face the star who sat behind the driver. I explained the itinerary and how important it was to keep on schedule in a timely manner. We have her fitting, the interview, and the photoshoot that'll go along with the article. At least I know it'll be my friend Simon who's the photographer for this. So far we're on time for check in at the hotel.

        There was an obvious sign outside that showed no pets, but she walked in with her dog anyways. When I checked in they started to complain about it, until they realized she was a famous person, and instead tried taking photos with her. She got annoyed and stomped off.

I apologized to the fans who started forming a crowd in the lobby, and rushed to follow Lauren. She kept saying things in French, even though she knew I did not understand. I'm pretty sure that's why she was doing it. "Miss Dubois, I see here you requested a two hour nap. I'll wake you after that for the fitting, okay?" I asked her as the doorman brought her three large suitcases into the room.

        He stood there expecting a tip, and when she bumped right past him my eyes went wide. I had to go digging into my purse to try and find some spare Euros for him. Lauren stopped, turned, and shoved her dog at me, "Take care of Mimi." Then she paused and looked me over again. "Cute shoes," she said, before slamming the door in my face. I just looked down at this fluffy brown dog in a ruffled skirt with it's tongue half sticking out. I have no idea what to do with this dog, or where to linger for two hours while Lauren naps.

Lauren's assistant caught up with me and told me she'd take the dog. She gave me some information I needed so I told her I'd be back in two hours. AND to be sure Miss Dubois was ready when I got here.