Chapter 47

Sophia had come with us to pick out an outfit for this event that was thrown at us last minute. She was the buffer that helped assure I wouldn't have to acknowledge this man's presence. He was doing a fine job of ignoring me. I ended up choosing this silver mermaid cut gown that clung to me in such an elegant yet very flattering way to view my natural curves. Dom had a tux set up for him that I refused to pay attention to. 

Because of the event tonight I didn't have work which meant I was around while Dom was here. Sophia tried taking him out so I could have some space before tonight. This Pierre Dupont lives on the very wealthy side of Paris in a large home where the backyard will be turned into this classy event where we, as the guests, are the models. 

Designers are always trying to switch things up. They do tactics like this all the time. I just didn't expect to be going with Dom as my plus one. Of course he just randomly knows some French designer. 

        When it was time to get ready I had Sophia helping me set my hair in very loose curls I'll brush out to make a natural wave in my hair. I'll be wearing it down. And since the dress itself is silver and shiny enough I'm going with a simple strappy heel and one bracelet. Sophia also does great makeup which she did for me tonight. A car would be coming to collect Dom and I alongside Helen. At least I'll still have a buffer.

"I'm so jealous you two get to go and I can't" Sophia pouted. "Wanna take my place?" I teased her. "You'll be fine," she assured me. I just nodded. I had to second guess her opinion when her brother finally walked outside her bedroom and was wearing a classy, well tailored, dark suit with white button down and black bowtie. He looked fantastic. Masculine and elegant all at once. 

His inked hands can never be hidden no matter how fancy he dresses. His hair was styled and he smelt so good. Again I had to look away, but I could feel his eyes on me which burned me either way. 

        I was glad when I received a text for us to meet Helen downstairs in the car. Since we live above a cafe there are a few flights of stairs you have to come up. And because the building is old there is no elevator. When we got to the steps Dom stuck his elbow slightly out as if offering to help me down. I pretended not to see it and held onto the railing. I held my dress up since this gown's long. I didn't want it catching in my heel. Dom said nothing and just walked down by himself.

-

        This house was massive, and impressive, and all felt very French wealthy aristocrat. The yard was done up solely of white which was a smart backdrop for all the different gowns and suits his guests were wearing. You couldn't get past the gate without an invitation card which we all had. White drapery, white tables and tablecloths, white decorum. He had lovely marble stairs that came down into the yard like a grand staircase. Whenever a new guest arrived, it was like you were walking down a runway with all the attention that was set on the guests descending the stairs. 

Pierre Dupont was about 5 feet tall. Even shorter than me. The man's hair was silver almost as shiny as my gown, and it was slicked back. He wore a cravat instead of a bowtie or tie. His accent was very heavy, but he did speak English and greeted us that way. 

"Ah! Mr. De Luca, what a nice surprise," he had graciously accepted Dom crashing his exclusive party. He gave the double cheek kiss like many Europeans do with both Helen and myself. 

        "I'll be back," Helen patted my arm, before walking off and hugging some woman. Mr. Dupont was speaking with Dom, so I just drifted slightly off and looked at the lavish party. Some guests were young and beautiful, most likely models, and some were as old as Dupont himself. Everyone was dressed in his clothing though. It was an array of a lot of gold, and silver, and shinier materials, so that we really did all stick out as the decorum ourselves. Like candlesticks set against a plain wall.