Chapter 25

When I got home I couldn't hold back anymore. I bursted out in tears and hugged myself for comfort. Of course Riccardo was ordered to come with me, so he was witness to the whole thing. "Everything is fine now, Miss Fiore. You're safe" he promised me. "What are they doing to him, Riccardo? Why does everyone have guns and how did they find us? Dom looked like he really wanted to hurt him," I sniffled and continued hugging myself. 

We were in my living room and he didn't know what to do with himself as he watched me be upset. "My boss has anger issues. He'll solve this for you once and for all. That man won't bother you again" he assured me. This time I believed him. Kristoff was a bloody mess the last I got a look at him. I don't think he'll come back. Riccardo ended up explaining to me how the guys knew where we were. He managed to grab his phone and dial Dom while Kristoff was distracted by touching me. 

        I thanked him several times for doing that, and for being brave and keeping calm during that situation. "I'm just glad you're okay, Miss Fiore" he used his formal tone with me. "Mia," I reminded him. "Don't cry anymore. My boss will be upset to find you so distraught," he told me, though I don't know if he means Elio or Dom.

I laid on the sofa until Elio got home. Of course Dom was with him. I gasped at the sight of them two. Disheveled clothing and bruised, even bloody knuckles. "What the hell" I jumped to my feet and quickly made my way over. My brother tried removing his hand from my view, but I grabbed him more strongly at the wrist and glared in warning. 

        "You need ice. Both of you" I looked at his best friend who was already looking at me. They were going to fight it, but I was at my wits end tonight. "DO NOT argue with me. I've had the worst night of my life. You're taking the ice. Sit" I ordered them both to the island table in the kitchen. Elio shrugged and tipped his head for Dom to follow him over. Riccardo came too, though he stayed quietly in the background. When I brought some ice over, I made them place their hands on the counter and rested the ziplocks full of ice on top. Our kitchen counters are all marble tops, so it was nice and cool to the touch.

"What did you guys do to him?" I finally had the courage to ask. They looked at each other then me. "We gave him a beating he'll never forget. I promise you, Mia, you won't have to worry about him again. He won't bother you anymore. Ever" my brother promised me. "Did you send him home? Did he say anything?" That pit I carried with me all night was deep and brutal. 

I wasn't sure what Kristoff would say to them given the chance. Elio cleared his throat and ran a hand through his chestnut waves. "He only talked a little bit of shit, but we shut him up. Mia...I think it's time we finally have a talk about the past," he spoke the words I feared he would. 

        "I don't want to," I turned away from him. "Not knowing such important aspects of each other's lives is clearly detrimental. I had no idea who that guy was. If he actually did succeed in taking you away, do you realize I would've had no idea where you were?! I don't know anything about you Mia. It's fucked up," he surprised me when he got a little worked up about this. 

"Riccardo, your dismissed" Dom's deep voice interrupted the tension. The man nodded and excused himself from the apartment.

        "Littles, we can't avoid the past anymore," my brother calmed his tone. I looked between him and his friend. There's no reason for Dom to be here for this. I sighed and took the half melting bags of ice from them. Tossing them, I finally worked up enough nerve to turn back and agree. It's time. Both men stood and retucked their shirts. "He isn't staying, is he?" I looked at the tall, broad shouldered man whose eyes haven't left me yet. He's studying me, though I don't know why. Elio was about to dismiss him when Dom held a hand up to stop him.