"Do you want me to upgrade you?" I immediately shook my head no. I don't like him spending money on me. He already has many times and I'm left feeling guilty. "No way, I'm fine where I am. We'll reconvene at the airport" I smiled. He's really coming. I love this.

-

        Since it was still early Sophia was asleep in her room. Dom and I had a quiet breakfast on the veranda. Whether it was the movement around the house or just chance, Sophia ended up waking up earlier than usual. When she stepped out of her bedroom she was expecting me, but not her brother. In her excitement she rushed to me, squeezing me in a back breaking hug, but then she paused. "Wait," Sophia turned slightly to glance behind her. She finally released me once she saw him. "Dom?" She didn't rush towards him for a hug. She was more surprised and confused than anything.

"Um, Dom came to London," was my short explanation. Sophia's face split into a shit eating grin. "Really," she said with an air of mischief. "I'm gonna go shower," Dom dismissed himself from the living room. Sophia grabbed me right away and dragged me to our brickish square sofa. "Tell me everything," she whisper-shouted.

"Dom came to London and then yeah, I asked him to come to Paris for the next two days since I have time off of work," I better explained. "Whose idea was it for him to come to London?" My best friend was in her pinstripe lady boxers and a tank, and her blonde hair was thrown up carelessly. Still the blue of her eyes sparkled from the reflection of the open veranda, and the sun that leaked through. Effortlessly pretty. I envy that.

        "It was his idea to come to London, and my idea for him to come to Paris." I could see her thinking a little bit. "This is big," she finally announced. "It is? Why?" I needed her to spell it out. "Because he actively made a move to come see you. That's a pretty expensive booty call if you ask me. It's obviously more than that," she shook my shoulders, almost making me slip off the end of the cushion. I braced myself on the short coffee table and adjusted. "Do you really think so? I kind of thought the same thing, but I didn't want to get my hopes up and misunderstand what's happening here," I whispered even though I heard the shower running by now. 

"Uh, hello, he came to London AND Paris. He's extending his time with you. He can't play that off as nothing. He obviously misses you," her words made my stomach flip and my heart swell. A little smile played on my lips. This is what I was hoping and she's basically verifying it to be true.

        "I don't want to ask him where we stand just yet. I don't want to scare him away. He's your brother. You know him better than I do! Do I proceed with caution?" I asked her outright. She tucked her leg underneath her bum and brought her elbow to the back cushion of the sofa. Leaning her head against her closed fist she said, "Yes, proceed with caution. Guys are dumb, sometimes they don't even realize their own feelings and actions until much later than a woman does. Just enjoy this, hm." With her other hand she nudged me. I nodded and dropped back on the cushion. Just enjoy this...I can certainly do that.

        "Well, what've you been up to this week?" I shook my head clear of my turning thoughts, focusing on my best friend. She tipped her head and groaned. "It's not as fun here without you. I mean, like, it is fun cuz I went out with the girls and stuff...but I was lonely at home" she pouted. I chuckled. "We're becoming codependent," I teased her. She lunged forward to knock me back, hugging me dramatically. "So what?" she exclaimed louder than she needed to. She's got a big personality. It just makes me laugh.

        "Tell me everything about London," she finally sat up and got serious. I was more than happy to give her the recap. Once Dom was out of the shower I went in. By the time I was back out and dressed he'd cooked something for the three of us. "I never knew you cooked until the first time you came here. Who taught you?" I asked him as we walked to the living room. Sophia and I sat with our legs criss crossed on the floor, like we often do, since we have no kitchen table. Dom stayed on the edge of the sofa and ate from there.