Cheating the system?

I got a bit of practice in today and felt energized in a totally different way. I woke up in a surprisingly good mood with everything going on around me. I suppose it's because I have something interesting to look forward to instead of just doing nothing all day.

After I was fed for the morning, Lily put me in the living room to play but knowing it will tire me, I didn't.

I slept instead of playing so that when she put me down for nap time, I can be free to do whatever I want. A smile played on my lips as my plan went without fail. I was left in my room 'sleeping'.

I had two hours to adult. I knew exactly how I was going to spend it, calling death because I needed some help for my plan.

"You called, master?"

"Yes death. Please bring the few books I was interested in last night from the library. It hasn't been used in a while and I don't think they will go in suddenly."

"Ok master, as you wish"

I hope they don't go in. Let's hope that luck is on my side. I didn't get to muse long as death showed up with the books I asked for.
I thanked it and began reading one.

I was halfway through the first book when I picked up Lily's scent. It was soon followed by her footsteps and I quickly shrunk and hid the books laying down to 'sleep'.

She checked in on me, leaving shortly so I continued reading. Page after page was flipped and without realizing it, I finished the book just before I had to be fed. Hiding the books, I sighed and lay down, shutting my eyes a bit.

I was awoken to a gentle rubbing on my cheeks. Before I opened my eyes, I smiled. It was Lily. But how did I fall asleep? I guess I got tired after reading and fell asleep when I closed my eyes.

Panic swept through me for a quick moment thinking I had left the books out, but I relaxed as I figured that wasn't the case and happily went with her downstairs to eat some food.

A/N

Stay safe guys. If any of you are from countries that have been affected by the recent political disrupt, I have you in my prayers. I cannot understand how politicians put an entire country at risk for selfish reasons. If you need to talk, I'm here. My messages are open and though I might not respond right away,I'll do so as soon as I see your message. Take care.